Sharing of Best Practices in Preservation at PastForward National Preservation Conference
The summary for the Sharing of Best Practices in Preservation at PastForward National Preservation Conference grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Sharing of Best Practices in Preservation at PastForward National Preservation Conference: Under this task agreement, the Cultural Resources Program, National Park Service, Washington, DC, and its recipient, National Trust for Historic Preservation will collaborate to provide educational programming and skill building activities designed to build the capacity of individuals working in preservation to apply leading edge technology to their work to save places including Geographic Information Systems (GIS), online surveying techniques, virtual reality applications, laser scanning, 3D modeling and new breakthroughs in building materials and systems. Support under this task agreement will support educational scholarships for 20 individuals and will support programming on these topics to be delivered in Chicago, IL, November 14-17, 2017. The training and scholarships will be a part of the PastForward National Preservation Conference in Chicago, Illinois. The conference annually attracts roughly 1,500-2,000 attendees from across the country. Attendees represent professionals in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, planning, history, historic preservation at the Federal, State, Tribal, and Local levels of government, as well as the private sector. The educational scholarships are distributed to students and young professionals representing diverse or underrepresented backgrounds in the field of historic preservation. The information and the services resulting from this agreement will be shared with the public through a variety of means including published conference proceedings and social media. These will serve to increase public awareness, knowledge and support for the conservation and preservation of our nationâ¿¿s cultural and historic heritage.
|Federal Grant Title:||Sharing of Best Practices in Preservation at PastForward National Preservation Conference|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00610|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||August 3rd, 2017|
|Creation Date:||August 3rd, 2017|
|Archive Date:||August 14th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,110|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,110|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 3rd, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Notice of intent to partner with National Trust for Historic Preservation under existing cooperative agreement P14AC00754. No applications will be accepted.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- JOHN BECHTOLD
No applications will be accepted.
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Earliest Americans National Historic Landmark Theme Study for Alaska
- • Archeological Inventory, Condition Assessment, and Data Recovery to Address Vulnerabilitie...
- • Inupiaq Place Names Workshop
- • Heritage Documentation programs
- • Prepare National Register Determinations of Eligibility for Mission 66 Properties in the N...
- • Survey for Emergency Habitat Expansion/Improvement and Unknown Archaelogical Sites
- • Generate 3D high definition imaging to document the underwater wonders, both natural and c...
- • CESU-Ground Penetrating Radar of the Grand Canyon Pioneer Cemetery
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area