Sitka National Historical Park Scholars-In-Parks Program
The summary for the Sitka National Historical Park Scholars-In-Parks Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Sitka National Historical Park Scholars-In-Parks Program: Scholars in Parks Program - Sitka NHP recently commissioned a Historical Research Plan (Allan 2015), which concluded that there were identifiable weaknesses in the park's history program, including weakness in communicating the history of Russian America, engaging scholars of Russian American history, and in connecting Sitka NHP to the broader history of Alaska as a part of Russian America. This task agreement moves the park toward remedying these weaknesses, using the strength of the park's collection of Russian American reference material, Congressional designation as the principal location for NPS scholarship on Russian America, and CWU's identified scholarship in Russian-American history.
|Federal Grant Title:||Sitka National Historical Park Scholars-In-Parks Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P15AS00354|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Research and Training Programs - Resources of the National Park System|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 7, 2015 Applications will only be accepted fr|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 7, 2015 Applications will only be accepted fr|
|Posted Date:||Aug 28, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Aug 28, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Sep 8, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$44,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$220,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$44,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Erica Cordeiro
National Park Service 303-898-9819
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area