Social and Cultural Dimensions of Health (R01)
The summary for the Social and Cultural Dimensions of Health (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Social and Cultural Dimensions of Health (R01): -Purpose. The ultimate goal of this program announcement is to encourage the development of health research that integrates knowledge from the biomedical and social sciences. This announcement invites applications to (a) elucidate basic social and cultural constructs and processes used in health research (b) clarify social and cultural factors in the etiology and consequences of health and illness (c) link basic research to practice for improving prevention, treatment, health services, and dissemination, and (d) explore ethical issues in social and cultural research related to health. -Mechanism of Support. The type of mechanism is the Research (R01) Award. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount to be awarded depends on the scientific merit of applications and the funds available at the participating NIH Institutes/Centers. The anticipated number of awards is contingent on their scientific merit and the funds available in the general funding pool of the participating NIH Institutes/Centers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Social and Cultural Dimensions of Health (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Health Education Food and Nutrition|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-045|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health 93.114 Applied Toxicological Research and Testing|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Nov 21, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Nov 21, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 02, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.115 -- Biometry and Risk Estimation_Health Risks from Environmental Exposures|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) For profit organizations other than small businesses Special district governments City or township governments Independent school districts Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Small businesses County governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education State governments Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...