Soundscape Analysis and Report Writing
The summary for the Soundscape Analysis and Report Writing grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Soundscape Analysis and Report Writing: The 2012 Moving Forward for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) provides a framework for the National Park Service and Federal Aviation Administration to work together to develop incentives for Grand Canyon air tour operators using quiet technology aircraft without increasing noise at the park. Data gathered and analyzed under this project will aid planning for overflights management, as well as improve wilderness character in Grand Canyon National Park which will benefit the public both within and beyond the borders of the park. The project requires CSU Listening Lab staff and six undergrad students to perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) for the analyses conducted by Grand Canyon interns on data collected from multiple sites throughout the park, providing the students with real world experience in conducting QA/QC on soundscape datasets and related work. In the first year of this agreement, it is anticipated that 4 sites with 2 deployments each will occur. CSU staff will write analytical reports based their review of Grand Canyonâ¿¿s analysis and data collection. Annual soundscape data collection, analysis and reporting would provide baseline information used to analyze the effects of human caused noise such as helicopter and fixed- wing flights, and motorcycles and vehicular traffic on the natural soundscapes. The information from the analysis and reports will be used in recreation planning, including planning for the parkâ¿¿s developed areas, backcountry, and proposed wilderness. Management decisions derived from these reports may affect many of the 6 million visitors who come to Grand Canyon annually including river users, hikers, campers and visitors to the rim. The information would also be made available to the public and used in interpretive information.
|Federal Grant Title:||Soundscape Analysis and Report Writing|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P18AS00211|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 18th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 18th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||May 9th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||May 9th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 30th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$72,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$72,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 9th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Kelly Adams
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area