Specialized Centers for the Protein Structure Initiative
The summary for the Specialized Centers for the Protein Structure Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Specialized Centers for the Protein Structure Initiative: The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) and the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR) encourage applications for cooperative agreements to support specialized structural genomics research centers for methodology and technology development and new ideas and approaches for protein production and structure determination for classes of challenging proteins. These specialized centers will form one component of the Protein Structure Initiative (PSI) Research Network, the integrated second, or production, phase of the PSI (PSI- 2). They will focus on challenging proteins that are not currently amenable to high throughput and therefore represent major bottlenecks of the structural genomics pipeline. These classes of proteins include, but are not limited to, membrane proteins, small protein complexes, and proteins from human and other higher eukaryotes. The specialized centers will also be required to produce and determine the structure of significant numbers of these proteins, especially in the later years of the project.
|Federal Grant Title:||Specialized Centers for the Protein Structure Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-05-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Infrastructure 93.859 Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 15, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Apr 05, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Apr 05, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Nov 14, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Administrative Resource...
- • Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia Research Resource (U24)...
- • New Cohorts for Environmental Exposures and Cancer Risk (CEECR; UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH2/UH3 Clinical ...
- • Assay Validation of High Quality Markers for Clinical Studies in Cancer (UH3 Clinical Tria...