Strengthening Ministry of Health's Capacity (MOH-Cap) for HIV Diagnosis, Treatment, and Monitoring in the Kingdom of Lesotho under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Strengthening Ministry of Health's Capacity (MOH-Cap) for HIV Diagnosis, Treatment, and Monitoring in the Kingdom of Lesotho under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening Ministry of Health's Capacity (MOH-Cap) for HIV Diagnosis, Treatment, and Monitoring in the Kingdom of Lesotho under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $11,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds.Lesotho has a generalized HIV epidemic with an estimated 319,000 people living with HIV (PLHIV). The adult prevalence aged 15-59 is 25.6% and incidence among adults is 1.1%. PEPFAR has been providing technical support to Lesotho to scale-up and improve HIV services. This NOFO is intended to strengthen the MOH’s capacity to improve laboratory, HIV prevention, and care and treatment services, and strengthen the health system. The strategies include improving specimen transport, increasing testing services for viral load (VL), early infant diagnosis (EID), and tuberculosis (TB), and developing human resources for technical leadership and management of the HIV program. Approaches to implement the activities include training and retaining technical staff, direct service delivery through testing services, support for procurement of laboratory commodities and equipment, supply management, training staff for effective coordination and management of HIV program, and strengthening the health system. The assistance provided will enhance Lesotho to sustain high levels of treatment, retention in care and VL suppression among PLHIV. In the long term, this NOFO contributes to achieving the 95-95-95 targets and maintaining epidemic control in Lesotho. All activities implemented under this award will follow national policies, strategic plans, guidelines, and priorities of PEPFAR-supported programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening Ministry of Health's Capacity (MOH-Cap) for HIV Diagnosis, Treatment, and Monitoring in the Kingdom of Lesotho under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2046|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 14th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 14th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||February 14th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||February 14th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||May 14th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 27th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this NOFO are: Ministry of Health, Government of Lesotho.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Percy Jernigan
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...