Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments (STD PCHD)
The summary for the Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments (STD PCHD) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments (STD PCHD): CDC announces the availability of fiscal year 2019 funds for a cooperative agreement for health departments to implement and strengthen STD prevention and control programs. The purpose of this notice of funding opportunity (NOFO) is to prevent and control three major STDs chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis. This NOFO supports strategies and activities to: eliminate congenital syphilis; prevent antibiotic resistant gonorrhea; reduce primary and secondary syphilis; prevent STD-related pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility; address STD-related outbreaks; and reduce STD-related health disparities. Priority populations for this NOFO include adolescents and young adults, men who have sex with men, and pregnant women. Priority strategies and activities include: Conduct STD surveillance; respond to STD-related outbreaks; identify persons with STDs and link them and their partners to care and to treatment through targeted disease investigation and intervention; promote CDC-recommended screening, diagnosis, and treatment practices among relevant providers; disseminate local data and information to the health care community and general public; monitor and develop STD-related policy; develop and strengthen multi- sector partnerships to support STD prevention and control; support HIV prevention goals and collaborate with health department HIV programs; and analyze and use data for increased program insights and program improvement.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments (STD PCHD)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP (HHS-CDC-NCHHSTP)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS19-1901|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 31st, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 31st, 2018|
|Posted Date:||April 30th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||April 30th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||August 30th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$475,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||59|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 30th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - City or township governments - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include state, local and territorial health departments or their Bona Fide Agents currently funded under PS14-1402:Improving Sexually Transmitted Disease Programs through Assessment, Assurance, Policy Development, and Prevention Strategies (STD AAPPS). This includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Also eligible are the local (county or city) health departments serving the following metropolitan areas: Baltimore, MD; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA; New York City, NY; and San Francisco, CA. Project areas with eligible state and local (city or county) health departments must discuss how the state and local area will collaborate during the period of performance to ensure appropriate provision of services within the metropolitan area and document any agreements reached in a letter of agreement/letter of concurrence (LOA/LOC), which must be submitted by both parties as part the application.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jennifer Fuld
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Center for HIV-AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention
- • STD Surveillance Network (SSuN)
- • National Network to Enhance Capacity of State and Local Sexually Transmitted Disease Preve...
- • STD AAPPS Supplemental Funding for Enhanced Congenital Syphilis Response
- • Evaluation of STD Programs' Deployment of DIS to Improve HIV Outcomes
- • Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems, Prevention of STD-Related Infertility, and Syphilis ...
- • American Indian and Alaska Native STD
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCHHSTP
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • Tuberculosis Elimination and Laboratory Cooperative Agreement
- • Strategic Partnerships and Planning to Support Ending the HIV Epidemic in the United State...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program