Support of NIGMS Program Project Grants (P01)
The summary for the Support of NIGMS Program Project Grants (P01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Support of NIGMS Program Project Grants (P01): Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) issued by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences encourages innovative, interactive program project grant applications from institutions/organizations that propose to conduct research which aims to solve a significant biological problem, important for the mission of NIGMS, through a collaborative approach involving outstanding scientists who might not otherwise collaborate. The program project grant mechanism is designed to support research in which the funding of several interdependent projects as a group offers significant scientific advantages over support of these same projects as individual regular research grants. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the P01 research grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount to be awarded depends on the scientific merit of applications and the funds available in NIGMSs general funding pool. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Support of NIGMS Program Project Grants (P01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-266|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Aug 19, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Aug 19, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...