Supporting the Provision of Quality Cervical Cancer Screening and Pre-Cancer Treatment Services for Women Living with HIV in Botswana under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Supporting the Provision of Quality Cervical Cancer Screening and Pre-Cancer Treatment Services for Women Living with HIV in Botswana under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control - CGH, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Supporting the Provision of Quality Cervical Cancer Screening and Pre-Cancer Treatment Services for Women Living with HIV in Botswana under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The Award Ceiling for Year 1 is 0 (none). CDC anticipates an Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding amount of $15,000,000 for Year 1, subject to the availability of funds. The recipient will support Botswana Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW) National Cervical Cancer Prevention Programme (NCCPP) efforts at the national, district, site, and community levels to ensure that all women living with HIV (WLHIV) on antiretroviral therapy (ART) receive the cervical cancer screening and precancer treatment services to prevent cervical cancer-related morbidity and mortality. This will be accomplished by routinizing every other year screening for HIV-positive WLHIV on ART in a subset of MOHW high volume ART sites. The recipient will support cervical cancer screening and treatment of pre-cancerous lesions in alignment with World Health Organization (WHO) and PEPFAR guidelines. The recipient will continue to build the capacity of national and district level leadership to improve the quality of cervical cancer prevention services, and ensure monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and data use for program monitoring and improvement. The recipient will also support MOHW to create a sustainability strategy for national scale-up of secondary cervical cancer prevention services and the development of the national cervical cancer control strategy and guidelines. At the community level, the recipient will help ensure awareness among the population of importance of biannual cervical cancer screening among WLHIV.
|Federal Grant Title:||Supporting the Provision of Quality Cervical Cancer Screening and Pre-Cancer Treatment Services for Women Living with HIV in Botswana under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control - CGH (HHS-CDC-CGH)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH20-2009|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 9th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 9th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||January 7th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||January 7th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||April 8th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||February 11th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Emily Dale
- Similar Government Grants
- • Scaling Capacity in Strategic and Health Information Systems in Mozambique under the Presi...
- • Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in Western and West-...
- • Improving Quality of Care and Health Impact through Innovative Systems and Technologies in...
- • Achieving and Maintaining Epidemic Control through Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care...
- • Enhancing Strategic Information Capacity for HIV/AIDS Programs towards Sustaining Epidemic...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control - CGH
- • Global Health Security Partnerships: Expanding and Improving Public Health Laboratory Stra...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- • Tanzania Global Health Security Partner Engagement: Advancing Efforts and Strategies to Pr...
- • Advancing Ethiopias Capacity for Laboratory, Workforce Development, Surveillance, and Emer...
- • Strengthening Laboratory Systems to Establish Routine Laboratory based surveillance for Pr...