Surveillance and Response to Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza by Regional Offices of the World Health Organization
The summary for the Surveillance and Response to Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza by Regional Offices of the World Health Organization grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control NCIRD, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Surveillance and Response to Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza by Regional Offices of the World Health Organization: This Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) will support the Regional Offices of the World Health Organization (WHO) to implement a coordinated plan to assist national governments and regional authorities to improve surveillance for influenza by enhancing capacity for laboratory and epidemiologic surveillance of seasonal and pandemic influenza; to assist in implementation of simple methods to determine burden of influenza disease in countries and regionally using surveillance data and other routinely collected information; to detect and respond to outbreaks of novel influenza viruses with pandemic potential, such as highly pathogenic avian influenza, swine viruses or other respiratory pathogens with similar pandemic potential; and, to assist countries to conduct activities that inform policies on introduction and increased use of influenza vaccines. Projects considered for this NOFO should build upon existing public health infrastructure focusing on country priorities, strengthen regional and national partnerships, public health capacity, leadership, and strategic collaboration and integrated health programming throughout the Region. Only one application per WHO Regional Office may be submitted. Activities identified should be complementary and not duplicative to the activities targeted through WHO's Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Framework (PIP) or any other similar projects occurring within a region.
|Federal Grant Title:||Surveillance and Response to Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza by Regional Offices of the World Health Organization|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control NCIRD (HHS-CDC-NCIRD)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-IP21-2102|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||June 21st, 2021|
|Original Application Deadline:||June 21st, 2021|
|Posted Date:||April 21st, 2021|
|Creation Date:||April 21st, 2021|
|Archive Date:||July 22nd, 2021|
|Total Program Funding:||$41,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 22nd, 2021|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Regional Offices of the World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa – AFR, Brazzaville, Congo; Regional Office for the Americas – PAHO, Washington, D.C.; Regional Office for South-East Asia – SEAR, New Delhi, India; Regional Office for Europe – EUR, Copenhagen, Denmark; Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean – EMR, Cairo, Egypt; and Regional Office for the Western Pacific – WPR, Manila, Philippines).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamela Kennedy
- Similar Government Grants
- • Global Emergency Response and Recovery Partner Engagement: Expanding Efforts and Strategie...
- • Strengthening Global Capacity for Molecular Surveillance and Outbreak Response for Enteric...
- • Reducing the Tuberculosis Burden in U.S. Bound Populations from the Philippines
- • Strategic Planning: Middle East/North Africa
- • Strategic Planning: Southeast Asia
- • Public Health Systems Capacity Building in Central Asia
- • Improving the Capacity of Panel Physicians Performing Overseas Medical Examinations of U.S...
- • Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health ...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control NCIRD
- • Advancing the capacity of immunization program managers through a national coordinating or...
- • Immunization Barriers in the United States: Targeting Medicaid Partnerships
- • Improving Standard Immunization Practices Among Pharmacists and Other Healthcare Providers
- • Promoting, Strengthening and Enhancing Disease Prevention through Collaboration with Targe...
- • Tracking the burden, distribution, and impact of Post COVID-19 conditions in diverse popul...