Survey and Preserve Prehistoric and Historic Museum Collections
The summary for the Survey and Preserve Prehistoric and Historic Museum Collections grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Survey and Preserve Prehistoric and Historic Museum Collections: The Intermountain Region Museum Services Program curates approximately 14.5 million museum objects, specimens, and archives for more than 70 national parks at the Western Archeological and Conservation Center (WACC), Tucson, Arizona. This facility houses a conservation lab and employs specialists that provides conservation support to the museum collections within the region. In addition to caring for collections stored at WACC, this team works with collections from around the region that are transported to the lab for stabilization conservation treatments and documentation. This project will enable participants to acquire and apply diverse skills related to preventive care, accountability, surveying, and conservation treatment.
|Federal Grant Title:||Survey and Preserve Prehistoric and Historic Museum Collections|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00256|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 20th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 20th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||May 11th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||May 11th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 23rd, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$83,253|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$83,253|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||May 11th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Management Specialist Kelly Adams
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area