TOWHEE/TORTOISE SURVEY CHINA LAKE CA
The summary for the TOWHEE/TORTOISE SURVEY CHINA LAKE CA grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
TOWHEE/TORTOISE SURVEY CHINA LAKE CA: The purpose of this Agreement is to provide for surveys of nesting Inyo California towhees (Pipilo crissalis eremophilus), a Federally listed threatened species and for in-fill surveys of desert tortoises (Gopherus agassizii) at the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake (NAWS China Lake) as discussed in the Integrated Natural Resources Management Plan (INRMP) dated September 2000. The Inyo towhee nests on the installation primarily in riparian areas (springs and riparian corridors) on the eastern side of the North Range. Some of these areas are designated as critical habitat for the towhee. Nesting surveys will be focused on selected sites within this area of the installation. The findings of this effort will provide information on nesting bird numbers that will aid in conservation of this species, support the INRMP update, and provide the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service with valuable information to aid with a potential delisting of the species. In contrast to towhees, desert tortoises occupy much of the habitat on the installation. Since tortoise densities have not been established for much of this habitat, the focus of this effort would be to begin in-fill surveys of areas that have not been previously surveyed for tortoise and to populate a tortoise tracking database to incorporate annual in-fill surveys and future impromptu or project-specific surveys. These surveys shall follow presence/absence survey protocols established by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
|Federal Grant Title:||TOWHEE/TORTOISE SURVEY CHINA LAKE CA|
|Federal Agency Name:||Naval Facilities Engineering Command|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||N62473-13-R-TWETORT|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Basic and Applied Scientific Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 23, 2013 Proposals are due by 1600 Local Time|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 23, 2013 Proposals are due by 1600 Local Time|
|Posted Date:||Aug 24, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Aug 24, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Oct 23, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$66,300|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$66,300|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Linda Protocollo
Cooperative Agreement Administrator
NAVAL FACILITIES ENGINEERING COMMAND 619-532-1159
- Similar Government Grants
- • Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Navy and Marine Corps Science & Technology
- • Naval Engineering Education Consortium (NEEC) Broad Agency Announcement for FY19
- • Department of Defense Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) FY20 Science & Technology Program...
- • NRL Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Basic and Applied Research
- • Conservation Actions for Desert Tortoise in the Shield Ranch Grazing Allotment
- • Department of Homeland Security Institute for Discrete Sciences University Affiliate Cente...
- • Submarine Security Program
- • Capable Manpower Future Naval Warfighting Capability Emerging and Advanced Technologies fo...
- • Mammal, Amphibian, Reptile, And Invertebrate Surveys On Naval Observatory Flagstaff Statio...
- • Palos Verdes Blue Butterfly Captive Rearing and Population Surveys at Defense Fuel Support...
- • Mosquito Abatement and Vector Control at Naval Weapon Station, Seal Beach California
- • Monitoring of the Flat-Tailed Horned Lizard and the Sonoran Pronghorn Captive Breeding Pen