Targeted Assistance Grant Discretionary Program
The summary for the Targeted Assistance Grant Discretionary Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families ORR, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Targeted Assistance Grant Discretionary Program: The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), within the Administration for Children and Families (ACF), announces the funding opportunity and award procedures for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Targeted Assistance Discretionary Grant (TAGD) Program. The TAGD Program is designed to assist newly arrived refugees and specific refugee populations with compelling situations who for various reasons have been unable to make the transition to economic self-sufficiency. TAGD Programs provide case management that addresses employment and social adjustment services for refugees to obtain self-sufficiencyand do not have other alternative funding resources or services available to address the needs of the refugee target population.
|Federal Grant Title:||Targeted Assistance Grant Discretionary Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families ORR|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2016-ACF-ORR-RT-1140|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Refugee and Entrant Assistance_Discretionary Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 22, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 22, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||May 20, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 20, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 21, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,760,100|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Those eligible to apply for this grant are the state government agency responsible for the refugee program, pursuant to 45 CFR §400.5, or their replacement designee pursuant to 45 CFR §400.301.
A Wilson-Fish agency that oversees a state-wide program as an alternative to the state-administered program pursuant to §412(e)(7) of the INA is also eligible to apply for this funding.
Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Desk
ACF Applications Help Desk
Administration for Children and Families - ORR 202-690-7110
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families ORR
- • Refugee Agricultural Partnership Program
- • Refugee Individual Development Accounts (IDA) Program
- • Ethnic Community Self Help Program
- • Refugee Technical Assistance Program
- • Technical Assistance to the Survivors of Torture Program