The Adipogenic Phenotype in Aging Musculoskeletal Tissues
The summary for the The Adipogenic Phenotype in Aging Musculoskeletal Tissues grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Adipogenic Phenotype in Aging Musculoskeletal Tissues: This RFA invites grant applications for basic research on aging-related mechanisms of formation and function of adipocytes within tissues of the aging musculoskeletal system, as well as effects of those adipocytes on the function of aging bone, muscle and cartilage. Studies that lead to understanding of the mechanism(s) by which adipocytes, and parenchymal cells that exhibit storage of fat, increase in tissues of the musculoskeletal system as a result of aging, and also determine the properties and effects of adipose and adipose-like cells in these tissues are specifically requested. Projects envisioned for support should investigate mechanisms and sources of cells involved in adipogenesis localized to aged musculoskeletal tissues and, as well, the properties of the increased adipose tissue and effects of increased adipogenesis on the surrounding aged musculoskeletal tissues. Multidisciplinary collaborations are likely to be necessary and are encourage! d.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Adipogenic Phenotype in Aging Musculoskeletal Tissues|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AG-06-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research 93.866 Aging Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 15, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Sep 01, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Sep 01, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Dec 15, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...