The CDC National Centers of Excellence in Youth Violence Prevention: Building the Evidence for Community- and Policy-Level Prevention
The summary for the The CDC National Centers of Excellence in Youth Violence Prevention: Building the Evidence for Community- and Policy-Level Prevention grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The CDC National Centers of Excellence in Youth Violence Prevention: Building the Evidence for Community- and Policy-Level Prevention: This FOA is a program announcement with multiple receipt dates (Cycle 1 FY2015, Cycle 2 FY2016). The purpose of this announcement is to fund Youth Violence Prevention Centers (YVPCs) to advance the science and practice of youth violence prevention and to reduce youth violence in one or more geographically defined, high-burden communities by implementing and evaluating a community- or policy-level preventionstrategy or combination of such strategies. The YVPCs align with CDCs Injury Centers research priorities for youth violence prevention that include evaluating the effectiveness of community- and societal-level prevention approaches and evaluating the dissemination and implementation of effective youth violence prevention strategies, programs, and policies. The YVPCs are academic centers that are expected to engagein reciprocally beneficial collaborations among researchers and non-governmental and governmentalorganizations (including the local health department) and one or more defined high-burden communities, with the common goal of reducing youth interpersonal violence. A YVPC supported under this announcement must include 2 core features: 1) an administrative infrastructure to support implementation, evaluation, and dissemination activities; to foster necessary local collaborations to achieve research andprogram goals; and to work with other funded YVPCs as part of the Youth Violence Prevention Center Network; and 2) integrated implementation and evaluation activities of a community- or policy-level approach to preventing youth violence in a high-burden community or set of communities. It is anticipated that three YVPCs will be funded in FY2015 (Cycle 1), and the intent is to fund two additional YVPCs in FY2016 (Cycle 2) pending availability of funds.
|Federal Grant Title:||The CDC National Centers of Excellence in Youth Violence Prevention: Building the Evidence for Community- and Policy-Level Prevention|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CE-15-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 17th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 17th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||January 28th, 2015|
|Creation Date:||January 28th, 2015|
|Archive Date:||March 17th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||January 5th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher educationPrivate institutions of higher educationOthers (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" forclarification)
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Technical Information Management Section (TIMS)
Procurement and Grants Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7am 5:00pm U.S. Eastern Standard Time
- Similar Government Grants
- • ATSDR's Partnership to Promote Local Efforts To Reduce Environmental Exposure
- • Emergency Department Surveillance of Nonfatal Suicide-Related Outcomes (ED-SNSRO)
- • National Sexual Violence Technical Assistance Resource Center for Prevention of Sexual Vio...
- • Evaluation of Return to School Programs for Traumatic Brain Injury
- • Overdose Data to Action
- • Collaborative Efforts to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- • Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances (DELTA) Program
- • Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth Through Violence Prevention
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...