The Interaction of HIV, Drug Use, and the Criminal Justice System (R01)
The summary for the The Interaction of HIV, Drug Use, and the Criminal Justice System (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Interaction of HIV, Drug Use, and the Criminal Justice System (R01): -Purpose. This initiative solicits R01 applications that link drug abuse, HIV/AIDS prevention and/or treatment, and the criminal justice system. Applications responsive to this FOA should conduct intervention research or propose descriptive research that can clearly lead to effective new interventions. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. This initiative has $3,000,000 set aside ($2,500,000 from NIDA and $500,000 from NIMH) to fund approximately 4-6 meritorious applications. It is anticipated that NIDA will fund 3-5 awards and NIMH will fund one award. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Interaction of HIV, Drug Use, and the Criminal Justice System (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DA-08-007|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Mental Health Research Grants 93.279 Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 27, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Dec 06, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 06, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 29, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Special district governments County governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Small businesses State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments Independent school districts For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...