The Life Cycle of the Adipocyte
The summary for the The Life Cycle of the Adipocyte grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Life Cycle of the Adipocyte: The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) and the National Institute of Aging (NIA) invite investigator-initiated Research Projects (R01 and R21) to study the life cycle of adipocytes. This initiative encourages investigators to develop the necessary biological procedures and reagents for characterization of adipocyte progenitor cells at multiple stages of determination and commitment into the adipocyte lineage, for use in identifying fat cell commitment factors, and to use in the study of adipose tissue turnover and remodeling. The goal of this initiative is to increase our understanding of the life cycle of human adipocytes and to catalyze the development of novel treatments for metabolic diseases including type 2 diabetes, obesity, familial lipodystrophy, and acquired lipodystrophy associated with HIV infection and treatment.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Life Cycle of the Adipocyte|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-03-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research 93.866 Aging Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 14, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Oct 15, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Apr 13, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Apr 13, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...