Tropical Medicine Research Centers (U19)
The summary for the Tropical Medicine Research Centers (U19) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Tropical Medicine Research Centers (U19): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to solicit applications from institutions/organizations that propose to conduct research on the causes, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of tropical diseases in endemic areas. The scope of the research to be supported is limited to select Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) and their corresponding vectors. Research may be focused on a single pathogen or more than one pathogen causing NTDs. Multi-disciplinary research and/or study of multiple pathogens is encouraged. This program is not intended to support research which can be conducted primarily in U.S. institutions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Tropical Medicine Research Centers (U19)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-16-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.855, 93.856|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Allergy and Infectious Diseases Research; Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 3, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 3, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Dec 11, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Dec 11, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Jul 4, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...