U.S. EMBASSY GRANTS PROGRAM
The summary for the U.S. EMBASSY GRANTS PROGRAM grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
U.S. EMBASSY GRANTS PROGRAM: The U.S. Embassy in Ankara announces its country-wide Grants Program. Funding is available to support projects that address one or more of the following key bilateral themes below. For each project, we encourage applicants to consider developing programs for Turkish participants from any or all age groups, to include educational audiences, such as teachers and students, from elementary school through university and vocational programs.· Support Shared Security: Projects for consideration in this category should support and advance cooperation between the United States and Turkey in bilateral counterterrorism efforts and transnational crime as well as in NATO and other multilateral security organizations.· Strengthen Economic Prosperity: Promoting Innovation, Fostering Entrepreneurship, and Strengthening the Digital Economy – Depending on the level of entrepreneurial opportunity and ability in the targeted region(s) for the activity, proposals here could include: training to introduce the concept and principles of entrepreneurship; providing small-and-medium enterprise (SME) planning, such as crafting a business plan or attracting financing; teaching marketing and outreach techniques; fostering research and development/innovation; and advancing awareness of and adherence to labor rights and laws, etc. Proposals to strengthen an open and dynamic digital economy are also welcome, which could include the utilization of cloud-based technology to meet local needs, training on the importance of the free flow of data, and improving the data literacy of citizens to take advantage of publicly-available information. · Reinforce Democratic Values: Media – should support journalists, citizen journalism, and critical media literacy. Trainings or activities can address, investigative journalism, principles of journalistic integrity, social media/internet publishing, media literacy, outlet sustainability, research and fact-checking, documentary filmmaking, visual or other storytelling, etc.· Reinforce Democratic Values: Freedom of Expression and Public Discourse – Proposals should focus on activities promoting public discourse and freedom of opinion, including but not limited to arts, culture or other innovative forms of creative expression, reaching and teaching underserved audiences (e.g., ethnic or religious minorities, LGBTI, youth, or women – or promoting awareness of their issues), and encouraging respect of cultural and social diversity, pluralism and equity in cultural life and policy. Foster Turkish and U.S. Ties: Proposals for programs developing English language teaching/learning, cross-cultural awareness and understanding, STE(A)M education among Turkish youth, and which encourage study in the United States will be considered under this category.
|Federal Grant Title:||U.S. EMBASSY GRANTS PROGRAM|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs (DOS-EUR)|
|Grant Categories:||Arts (see "Cultural Affairs" in CFDA), Business and Commerce, Community Development, Education, Humanities (see "Cultural Affairs" in CFDA), Other (see text field entitled "Explanation of Other Category of Funding Activity" for clarification), Science and Technology and other Research and Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ANK-NOFO-FY20-03|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 13th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 13th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||June 1st, 2020|
|Creation Date:||June 1st, 2020|
|Archive Date:||August 12th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 1st, 2020|
- Category Explanation
- Security, Economic Prosperity, Democratic Values, Media, Freedom of Expression and Public Discourse
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Individuals
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any questions about the grant application process, please submit your questions in English to GrantsTurkey@state.gov before 17:00 on July 2, 2020.
Due to the heavy workload, we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
- Similar Government Grants
- • U.S. Embassy Yaoundé PAS Annual Program Statement
- • Qatari Audience Analysis
- • Academy for Women Entrepreneurs - AWE
- • Youth Outreach for Bicentennial of U.S. Legation in Tangier
- • U.S.-ROK Alliance: Virtual speaker series and In-person Study Tour to U.S. Indo-Pacific Co...
- • DanceMotion USA Organizer in Kinshasa
- • U.S. Embassy Mali Public Affairs Section Annual Program Statement
- • Statement of Interest - Trafficking in Persons
- More Grants from the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs
- • Arctic Education Alliance: Building Capacity Through University Linkages between the Unite...
- • U.S. Embassy Grants Program
- • U.S. Embassy Ankara, Grants Program
- • U.S. Embassy Ankara, Public Affairs Grant Program
- • U.S. Embassy Ankara Grants Program