U.S. Mission to Vietnam/Consulate General in HCMC: Alumni Small Grants Competition 2019
The summary for the U.S. Mission to Vietnam/Consulate General in HCMC: Alumni Small Grants Competition 2019 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the US Mission to Vietnam, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
U.S. Mission to Vietnam/Consulate General in HCMC: Alumni Small Grants Competition 2019: Funding instrument type: Grant or Cooperative Agreement The U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City invites Vietnamese alumni of U.S. Government-funded (USG) exchange programs to submit proposals for the 2019 Alumni Small Grants Competition. Project budgets cannot exceed $10,000. Award Amount will vary between $1,000 and $10,000 per proposal. Proposals over $10,000 will be considered only with a cost share and on a case-by-case basis. Proposals which include a cost share are strongly encouraged, and have a higher likelihood of being funded. The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City reserves the right to award less or more than the amount of funds described in the absence of worthy applications or under such other circumstances as they may deem to be in the best interest of the U.S. government. Activities will only be funded in the provinces south of and including Thua Thien Hue. Proposals must be in English and with the required forms. UP TO THREE PROPOSALS WILL BE FUNDED. LATE PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Leaders of winning grant proposals will be contacted no later than June 30, 2019. Once a decision is made to fund your proposal, and all documentation is complete we will begin the process of funding.
|Federal Grant Title:||U.S. Mission to Vietnam/Consulate General in HCMC: Alumni Small Grants Competition 2019|
|Federal Agency Name:||US Mission to Vietnam (DOS-VNM)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SVM700-19-PAS-005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||March 31st, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||March 31st, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 23rd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||November 23rd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||April 30th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 23rd, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- These grants aim to create opportunities for alumni to work together on a shared vision of a brighter future for Vietnam and the U.S. - Vietnam relationship by addressing shared concerns. Proposals must explicitly address one or more of the priority objectives listed in the notice, including: Economic Prosperity (improved opportunities for U.S. businesses, labor standards, developing soft skills to work with U.S. businesses, reducing the bilateral trade deficit, intellectual property rights, promotion of U.S. products, or U.S. business values); security (rule of law, combating transnational crime, combating trafficking in persons, improving relations with the Vietnamese diaspora community); education (English teaching, improving teaching methods, curriculum development, modernizing education systems, STEM); inclusiveness (women’s rights and empowerment, access and legal reform for disabled persons, LGBT rights, ethnic/religious minorities’ rights, civil society development); fundamental freedoms (freedom of expression, press, association, religion); and environment (Lower Mekong Initiative, environmental standards, climate mitigation and adaptation).
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Alumni of official U.S. exchanges can submit proposals as individuals or under the auspices of a non-profit organization in which alumni are working. Eligible teams must include at least two alumni members who have participated in one of the following U.S. Government-sponsored programs, including (but not limited to): • Fulbright Program (including Fulbright Economics Teaching Program - FETP) • Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program • International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) • International Visitor Program on Demand (former Voluntary Visitor Program) • Programs under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), e.g.: ASEAN Youth Volunteer Program (AYVP); the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), e.g.: Borlaug • Eisenhower Fellowship Program • Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD) • Studies of the U.S. Institute (SUSI) • English Language Programs (English Access Micro-scholarships, AE-Teachers, Brunei-U.S. Partnership, Access Teacher Exchange Program) • Teacher Excellence Awards (TEA) • Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) programs (Professional and Academic Fellows, regional exchanges, YSEALI Summer School) • Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- HCMC Grants Team
HCMC Grants Team
- Similar Government Grants
- • U.S. Embassy Banjul PAS Annual Program Statement
- • U.S. Embassy Australia FY20 Annual Program Statement
- • Small Grants Program for Leading English Program in Kyushu, Japan
- • U.S. Embassy Prague - Small Grants Program - FY20 round1
- • U.S. Consulate Fukuoka PAS Annual Program Statement
- • DanceMotion USA Organizer in Kinshasa
- • U.S. Embassy Mali Public Affairs Section Annual Program Statement
- • Statement of Interest - Trafficking in Persons
- More Grants from the US Mission to Vietnam
- • University and High School Guidance Counselor Training Workshop
- • US Mission to Vietnam/Consulate General in HCMC: Notice of Funding Opportunity for English...
- • U.S. Mission to Vietnam/Consulate General in HCMC: Notice of Funding Opportunity for Techn...
- • U.S. Mission to Vietnam/Consulate General in HCMC: Notice of Funding Opportunity for Journ...
- • US Mission to Vietnam/Consulate General in HCMC: Notice of Funding Opportunity for Women E...