USAID/KEA/ENV 1.1 Results Framework
The summary for the USAID/KEA/ENV 1.1 Results Framework grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the East Africa USAID Kenya, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
USAID/KEA/ENV 1.1 Results Framework: The following information is being released for the purpose of public information and awareness of a USAID Kenya/East Africa recently developed five year USAID East Africa Regional Environment Project (2017 -2021). Comments/feedback on the results framework is welcome, however USAID will not be providing any kind of public response to the questions/comments provided. The project has been designed on the basis of analysis conducted which identified two primary threats to East Africa's natural capital: a) The rapid pace of habitat degradation and loss of wildlife migratory corridors as a result of anthropogenic activities (such as land conversion into agricultural use, encroachment, infrastructure development, and unsustainable resource extraction); and b) Increasingly sophisticated illegal poaching and wildlife trafficking networks that are linked to global demand for African wildlife products. This project acknowledges that healthy ecosystems are essential not only for sustaining wildlife, but also for human well-being and the future of economic development for East Africa. The project is aligned with USAID's East Africa Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS) 2016-2021, which is available online (https://www.usaid.gov/east-africa-regional/rdcs). The overarching goal of USAID's East Africa Regional Development Cooperation Strategy, is to enhance East Africa-led sustainable economic growth and resilience. The goal of the RDCS will be realized through the three Development Objectives (DOs): Sustainable regional economic integration advanced (DO 1); improved management of risks that transcend borders (DO 2) and East African institutions' leadership and learning strengthened (DO 3). The Regional Environment Project will contribute results under all three DOs with a primary contribution to DO 1 of the RDCS. The Regional Environment Project's purpose is aligned with DO 1, Intermediate Result (IR) 1.1 Conservation and Management of Natural Capital Improved. The Regional Environment Project is premised on the following theory of change: If collaborative management and conservation of trans boundary natural resources is enhanced, and if the perceived value of living wildlife is increased, and if wildlife poaching and trafficking is reduced, then the population trends of target species and the biophysical conditions of key trans boundary landscapes will be improved, and therefore the conservation and management of East Africa's natural capital will be improved. The Project results framework is attached.
|Federal Grant Title:||USAID/KEA/ENV 1.1 Results Framework|
|Federal Agency Name:||East Africa USAID Kenya (USAID-EAF)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-623-17-000001|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||August 29th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||August 29th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 29th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity below), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- USAID's East Africa Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS) 2016-2021
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Wacu Kiragu
Acquisition and Assistance Spec
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the East Africa USAID Kenya
- • RFI-Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA) - OVC Activities
- • RFI -Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA) - Integrated HIV Clinical and Orphane...
- • Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA) - HIV Clinical, OVC, Family Planning, Repr...
- • Kaunti Kuimarisha Uendelevu - Strengthening County Sustainability
- • Kenya Electoral Assistance Program (KEAP) 2017