Understanding the Epidemiology of Syphilis in the United States
The summary for the Understanding the Epidemiology of Syphilis in the United States grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Understanding the Epidemiology of Syphilis in the United States: The purpose of this project is to better understand the epidemiologic and microbiologic aspects of syphilis infection in the United States. This FOA is divided into two parts: (1) The goal is to collect syphilis specimens for research on genetic, proteomic, or serologic markers in order to facilitate diagnostic assay development and validation; and (2) This activity will explore the potential role of sex and social networks in men who have sex with men (MSM) on syphilis epidemics and how these networks interact to transmit syphilis, including repeat infection.
|Federal Grant Title:||Understanding the Epidemiology of Syphilis in the United States|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-PS-17-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 30th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 30th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||September 23rd, 2016|
|Creation Date:||September 23rd, 2016|
|Archive Date:||December 30th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 23rd, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Section 318 (a)(b)(c) of the Public Service Act [42 U.S.C. Section 247c (a)(b) and (c)], as amended (CFDA number 93.978); Public Health Service Act, Title 42, Sections 301(a) [42 USC 241(a)]; 307 [42 USC 242l]; 317, 317(k)(1) [42 USC 243, 247b(k)(1), 247b(k)(2), 247c] (CFDA number 93.084).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christine Morrison
- Similar Government Grants
- • STD/HIV Disease Intervention Training Centers (DITC)
- • National Network of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Prevention Training Centers (NN...
- • The Tuskegee Public Health Ethics Program
- • Tuskegee University Apology Commemoration Activities (NCHHSTP)
- • Enhancing national STD/HIV prevention efforts by promoting holistic, comprehensive, and ev...
- • Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Human Immunodeficiency Virus Prevention Training Centers
- • Strengthened HIV/AIDS in the Region
- • Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Prevention Program Communication Network
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...