Upper Salmon Anadramous Fishery Habitat Improvement, Garden Creek
The summary for the Upper Salmon Anadramous Fishery Habitat Improvement, Garden Creek grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Upper Salmon Anadramous Fishery Habitat Improvement, Garden Creek: The Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) currently provides technical assistance in eleven tributary subbasins in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. Actions identified in these subbasins are designed to improve survival of fish during spawning and rearing life stages. Reclamation's responsibility for its subbasins is to work with willing partners on non-Federal lands to implement actions to meet specific metric goals that include: (1) fish screens that meet current criteria; (2) spawning and rearing access restored by removal of fish passage barriers; (3) meeting instream flow targets; and (4) increased miles of channel complexity in the subbasins. Except under special circumstances, Reclamation is unable to fund or participate directly in habitat improvement construction activities in the subbasins. Thus, Reclamation enters into agreements with willing partners, also known as "Project Sponsors" who identify, fund, permit, manage, and monitor projects that meet Reclamation's habitat improvement program objectives. CSWCD, a local government entity, works with many partners to sponsor fish habitat protection and passage activities in the Upper Salmon Subbasin (Subbasin). In 2010, Reclamation and CSWCD entered into an agreement whereby CSWCD, as Project Sponsor, would explore, develop, and coordinate potential fish habitat improvement projects within the Subbasin, and coordinate its investigations with Reclamation, landowners, and other interested parties. As of a result of the effort being performed under the 2010 agreement the CSWCD and Reclamation determined the need to drill a test well to determine if adequate water can be pumped to replace the Garden Creek diversion located in the Subbasin. It is expected that funding this effort will lead to stream habitat improvements within the Upper Salmon Subbasin, which will benefit anadromous fisheries. Therefore, it is Reclamation's intent to provide funds to CSWCD for the oversight and monitoring activities for the well drilling effort.
|Federal Grant Title:||Upper Salmon Anadramous Fishery Habitat Improvement, Garden Creek|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||R13AS10007|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 03, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 03, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 19, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Apr 19, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jun 02, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Reclamation's intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Melinda Ritacco Financial Assistance Specialist Phone 208-378-5103
- Similar Government Grants
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Activities in Kansas
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Activities in Wyoming
- • Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention
- • Cascade Conservation Implementation
- • Notice of Intent to Award to Nevada Department of Wildlife
- • Habitat Restoration, Improvement and Planning Program in South-Central California Area Off...
- • Modeling and Monitoring of Water Quality for the williamson river Delta Restoration Projec...
- • Sulphur Creek Fish Barrier
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation Pacific Northwest Region
- • Ririe Recreation Area Operations and Maintenance
- • Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Anaconda Inspection Station
- • Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Early detection Monitoring Project
- • Grand Ronde Habitat Project Prioritization, Development, and Monitoring
- • Upper Salmon Basin Stream Rehabilitation Project Planning