VISION AIDED NAVIGATION PROTOTYPES
The summary for the VISION AIDED NAVIGATION PROTOTYPES grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
VISION AIDED NAVIGATION PROTOTYPES: ***PLEASE REFERENCE THE LINK TO THE FULL ANNOUNCEMENT ON BETA.SAM.GOV AT https://beta.sam.gov/opp/0335515caf4a480892927070fc3e47bd/view?keywords=W911NF-19-S-0004&sort=-relevance&index=&is_active=true&page=1 *** Synopsis: The Army Applications Lab (AAL) along with Command Power and Integration Directorate (CP&ID) – Position Navigation & Timing (PNT) Division, are seeking technologies related to vision based navigation for dismounted Soldiers as a Special Topic under the AAL Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) W911NF-19-S-0004 for Advance Technology Demonstration and related research as described below. Upon receipt, the Government will evaluate submissions through the process established in the AAL BAA, except as modified herein. The Government reserves the right to cancel this special notice without award for any reason. Issuance of this notice does not commit the Governments to pay for any preparation costs incurred in compiling a response. As a general matter, all requirements referenced in BAA W911NF-19-S-0004 apply to this effort. The Government anticipates awarding one or more Other Transaction Agreements (OTA) in accordance with 10 U.S.C 2371b, under this Special Topic, but will consider other potential award types listed in the AAL BAA, to include procurement contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, and Technology Investment Agreements. In accordance with 10 U.S.C. § 2371b(f), the Government may award a follow-on production contract or Other Transaction (OT) for any OT awarded under this solicitation if: (1) that participant in the OT, or a recognized successor in interest to the OT, successfully completed the prototype project provided for in the OT and (2) the OT provides for the award of a follow-on production contract or OT to the participant, or a recognized successor in interest to the OT. PROJECT DESCRIPTION – Background Vision Aided Navigation Prototype(s) AAL is interested in Vision Aided Navigation solutions & associated technologies that will enable U.S. Army Soldiers operating in dismounted operations to continue to obtain Position, Navigation, and Timing in areas with limited or no GPS signal. Because dismounted operations include operating without immediate access to vehicle support, devises carried by a Soldier should be small, lightweight, and capable of operating with low power consumption. The intent of this special topic is to develop Vision Aided Navigation capabilities, including component, sub-component, and associated technologies, to allow dismounted Soldiers to continue to operate utilizing limited or no GPS signals, which will enhance dismounted capabilities while reducing the need to overpower jamming systems. AAL is interested in the following, non-exhaustive, list of Vision Aided Navigation solutions, though, submitters may submit proposed Vision Aided Navigation solutions that do not meet the following: - Enhancements to commercial technologies to reduce size, weight, power consumption and reduce cost (SWAP-C) of Vision Aided Navigation technology. - Options that improve performance and efficiency and/or which can reduce overall cost, through software development. - Proposed Vision Aided Navigation solutions must meet the following Performance Requirements for Vision Aided Navigation Capabilities: Soldier navigation: <2% error as a function of total distance traveled (dismounted), real-time positioning using Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), Loop Closure, Visual Odometry techniques, or equivalent. Imaging sensors: uncooled micro bolometer, consumer mobile device and thermal cameras, or equivalent. Wavelengths (imaging sensor): visible (400-800 nm), LWIR (7.5-13.5um) Frame rates: up to 60Hz Compatible/Integrated with available GNSS signals, MEMS IMUs SWAP-C: Size, Not to exceed - 6.5 in x 3.5 in x 1.5in (approximate size of DAGR, or less) Weight: Not to exceed 3lbs with batteries Power: Not to exceed 10W (processor, imaging, IMU) Cost: <$2000 per unit, complete system (approximate cost of DAGR) *Complete component solutions that do not exceed 6.5 in x 3.5 in x 1.4 in (Approximate size of the DAGR); do not exceed 3lbs with batteries, and do not exceed 5W (average) and peak of 10W power consumption may be submitted.
|Federal Grant Title:||VISION AIDED NAVIGATION PROTOTYPES|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command (DOD-AMC)|
|Grant Categories:||Regional Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W911NF-19-S-0004-SPECIALNOTICE2|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 2nd, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 2nd, 2020|
|Posted Date:||June 4th, 2020|
|Creation Date:||June 4th, 2020|
|Archive Date:||August 1st, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||June 4th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications for this call will follow the eligibility requirements and application process of the Army Applications Lab BAA1 (except as modified herein). Should you require clarity regarding the eligibility of a particular institute, please send a request to one of the contacts detailed in Section 8.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- LINK TO FULL ANNOUNCEMENT AT BETA.SAM.GOV
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christopher D Justice
- Similar Government Grants
- • Low-Cost Chip-Scale Atomic Clock (LC CSAC)
- • (FY20) Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR)
- • Department of Defense (DoD) – Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STE...
- • UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY Broad Agency Announcement
- • Multidisciplinary Research Program of the University Research Initiative (FY21 ARMY SUBMIS...
- • Braod Agency Announcement for the Army Research Laboratory
- • TARDEC FY04 Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
- • Fiscal Year 2004 Department of Defense Instrumentation Program for Tribal Colleges and Uni...
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command
- • CCDC-ARL MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY FOA
- • Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 DoD Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges a...
- • Low-Cost Chip-Scale Atomic Clock (LC CSAC)
- • Innovation Corps @ Department of Defense Program (I-Corps @ DoD Program) Fiscal Year 2020