Validation and Advanced Development of Emerging Technologies for Cancer Research (R33)
The summary for the Validation and Advanced Development of Emerging Technologies for Cancer Research (R33) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Validation and Advanced Development of Emerging Technologies for Cancer Research (R33): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), solicits grant applications proposing research projects on the advanced development of emerging molecular and cellular analysis technologies through technical/analytical validation in an appropriate cancer-relevant biological system or context. An emerging technology is defined as one that has passed the pilot developmental stage and shows promise, but has not yet been evaluated within the context of its intended use. If successful, these technologies would accelerate research in cancer biology, cancer treatment and diagnosis, cancer prevention, cancer control and epidemiology, and/or cancer health disparities. This FOA solicits projects where proof-of-principle of the proposed technology or methodology has been established and supportive preliminary data are available. Projects proposed to this FOA should reflect the potential to produce a major impact in a broad area of cancer-relevant research. Projects proposing to use established technologies where the novelty resides in the biological or clinical question being pursued are not appropriate for this solicitation as non-responsive and will not be reviewed.
|Federal Grant Title:||Validation and Advanced Development of Emerging Technologies for Cancer Research (R33)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-12-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 18, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 18, 2012|
|Posted Date:||December 21st, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Dec 21, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 19, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...