WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Year 2017
The summary for the WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Year 2017 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Year 2017: The objective of this Funding Opportunity Announcement is to invite states, Indian tribes, irrigation districts, water districts, and other organizations with water or power delivery authority to leverage their money and resources by cost sharing with Reclamation on projects that seek to conserve and use water more efficiently, increase the use of renewable energy and improve energy efficiency, benefit endangered and threatened species, otherwise support water sustainability benefits, or carry out other activities to address climate-related impacts on water or prevent any water-related crisis or conflict.
|Federal Grant Title:||WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Year 2017|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-DO-17-F012|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 18th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 18th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||November 17th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||November 17th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||March 16th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||55|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||November 17th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Under P.L. 111-11, Section 9502, an eligible applicant is a state, Indian tribe, irrigation district, water district, or other organization with water or power delivery authority.Applicants must also be located in the western United States or Territories as identified in the Reclamation Act of June 17, 1902, as amended and supplemented; specifically: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Virgin Islands.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- WaterSMART Grants
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Rupal Shah
Grants Management Specialist
Grants Management Specialist Email
- Similar Government Grants
- • WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Years 2020 and 2021
- • WaterSMART Grants: Water Marketing Strategy Grants for Fiscal Year 2019
- • Bay-Delta Restoration Program: CALFED Water Use Efficiency Grants
- • WaterSMART Grants: Water and Energy Efficiency Grants for Fiscal Year 2019
- • Agricultural Water Conservation and Efficiency Grants Fostering District/Farmer Partnershi...
- • Water 2025: Preventing Crisis and Conflict in the West
- • Water 2025: Preventing Crisis and Conflict in the West-System Optimization Reviews
- • San Joaquin River Salinity Management Program
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Enhanced Acoustic Tagging, Analysis, and Real-time Monitoring of Wild and Hatchery Salmoni...
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Delta Education and Outreach Projects