Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) Program
The summary for the Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) Program: The purpose of the program is early detection and prevention of heart disease and stroke risk factors. WISEWOMAN provides NBCCEDP participants with access to additional preventive health services by screening for heart disease and stroke risk factors and using national clinical care guidelines to refer women to quality care. Lifestyle interventions are tailored to womens heart disease and stroke risk factor screening results and readiness to make lifestyle behavior changes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP08-804|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 17, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jan 16, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jan 16, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 16, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Based on authorizing legislation, eligible applicants for this funding opportunity are States/Territories and Tribal Agencies or their bona fide agents who are currently receiving grants to implement NBCCEDP under Section 1501 of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section
Department of Health and Human Services
CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Phone 770-488-2700 email@example.com Technical Information Management Section
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening the Nation's Public Health Communication Infrastructure to Respond to C...
- • Technical Collaboration to Strengthen and Expand Capacity to Assess, Prevent, and Mitigate...
- • Advancing the Centers of Excellence in Newcomer Health
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2