Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education Program - Region 5
The summary for the Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education Program - Region 5 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education Program - Region 5: The Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937, 50 Stat. 917 as amended; 16 U.S.C. 669-669k, now known as the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act, was enacted on September 2, 1937, and began functioning July 1, 1938. The purpose of this Act has been to provide funding for the selection, restoration, rehabilitation, and improvement of wildlife habitat, wildlife management research, and the distribution of information produced by the projects. The Act was amended on October 23, 1970, to include funding for hunter safety programs and the development or the operation and maintenance of firearm and archery ranges. Additional information about the Wildlife Restoration Grant Program is available on our website here: Wildlife Restoration Grant Program.WSFRâ¿¿s mission is to work through partnerships to conserve and manage fish and wildlife and their habitats for the use and enjoyment of current and future generations. WSFRâ¿¿s vision is of healthy, diverse, and accessible fish and wildlife populations that offer recreation, economic activity, and other societal benefits, in addition to sustainable ecological functions. WSFRâ¿¿s guiding principle is that society benefits from conservation-based management of fish and wildlife and their habitats and opportunities to use and enjoy them. The Wildlife Restoration Grant Program aligns with WSFRâ¿¿s mission, vision, and guiding principle, and supports three of the Department of the Interiorâ¿¿s priorities including:1) Creating a conservation stewardship legacy second only to Teddy Roosevelt;2) Utilizing our natural resources; and3) Restoring trust with our local communities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education Program - Region 5|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service (DOI-FWS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||F19AS00004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 31st, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 31st, 2020|
|Posted Date:||October 11th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||October 11th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||September 30th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$37,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$10,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||October 11th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Fiscal Officer Judy Driscoll 413 253-8409
- Similar Government Grants
- • Region 6 Wildlife Restoration Grant Program
- • R7 Alaska - FY20 Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education - State Fish and Wildlife...
- • R8 - wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education - State Fish and Wildlife Agencies On...
- • R1 - Wildlife Restoration and Basic Hunter Education - State Fish & Wildlife Agencies Only
- • Region 3 Wildlife Restoration Program (TO STATE F&G AGENCIES ONLY)
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Arctic Goose Joint Venture Notice of Funding Opportunity – Fiscal Year 2020
- • FY21 Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act Grants
- • NAWCA FY21 U.S. Small Grants
- • Implementation of the Quagga and Zebra Mussel Action Plan (QZAP) in the Western United Sta...
- • FY 2021 Clean Vessel Act (CVA)