Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Assistance Grant Program
The summary for the Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Assistance Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Assistance Grant Program: This program aims to provide technical assistance (TA) to employers and labor unions to encourage employment of women in both apprenticeable occupations and nontraditional occupations (A/NTO), specifically in the following ways:• Developing (establishing, expanding, and/or enhancing) pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship (includes Registered Apprenticeship Programs, Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship Programs, and other apprenticeship programs), or other nontraditional skills training programs designed to prepare women for careers in A/NTO;• Providing ongoing orientations or other resources for employers, unions, and workers on creating a successful environment for women in A/NTO; and/or• Setting up support groups, facilitating networks, and/or providing supportive services (as defined in section IV.E.3) for women in A/NTO to improve their retention.Applicants may propose to provide technical assistance to support women’s participation and success in the full range of industries in which women are historically underrepresented or where women are disproportionately concentrated in the lower-wage occupations. Such industries include but are not limited to advanced manufacturing, construction, energy, health care, information technology, finance, and transportation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (“WANTO”) Technical Assistance Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration (DOL-ETA)|
|Grant Categories:||Information not provided|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FOA-WB-20-01|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 3rd, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 3rd, 2020|
|Posted Date:||July 2nd, 2020|
|Creation Date:||July 2nd, 2020|
|Archive Date:||September 2nd, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||11|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 6th, 2020|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Only CBOs as defined in Section III.C.1 are eligible to apply for these grants. A consortium of CBOs may apply as a single applicant, provided the applicant includes a copy of the consortium agreement that specifies which entity will administer the grant.Current and Former GranteesRecipients of funds awarded under previous WANTO Act grant programs are eligible to apply for this funding opportunity. Former WANTO Act grantees must explain, in their “Statement of Need” (see Section IV.B.3), how their proposed TA activities are materially different from those already performed using funds awarded through a WANTO Act grant program. Though materially different, these activities can still build on past performance activities, strengthening or bolstering them, to achieve further results.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Marc Purvis
Grants Management Specialist
- Similar Government Grants
- • Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (WANTO) Technical Assistance Grant ...
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • H-1B One Workforce Grant Program
- • H-1B Rural Healthcare Grant Program
- • Change 1 to Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 13-19, Work Opportunity Tax Credit...
- • Strengthening Community Colleges Training Grants
- • Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center of Excellence Operations