Applications for the FY 2010 Ocean Exploration (OE) Program
The summary for the Applications for the FY 2010 Ocean Exploration (OE) Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Applications for the FY 2010 Ocean Exploration (OE) Program: OER is seeking pre-proposals and full proposals to support its mission, consistent with NOAA's Strategic Plan to search, investigate, and document poorly-known and unknown areas of the ocean and Great Lakes through interdisciplinary exploration, and to advance and disseminate knowledge of the ocean environment and its physical, chemical, and biological resources. Competitive OE proposals will be bold, innovative and interdisciplinary in their approach. OER anticipates a total of approximately $3,000,000 including costs for ship and submersible assets will be available through this announcement. Only exploratory proposals will be funded; any other types of projects will not be reviewed. The office priorities for this opportunity support NOAA's mission support goal of: Ecosystems--Protect, Restore, and Manage Use of Coastal and Ocean Resources through Ecosystem-Based Management.
|Federal Grant Title:||Applications for the FY 2010 Ocean Exploration (OE) Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-OAR-OER-2010-2002123|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Special Oceanic and Atmospheric Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 07, 2009 Compl|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 07, 2009 Compl|
|Posted Date:||Aug 31, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 31, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jan 06, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are institutions of higher education; other nonprofits; commercial organizations; foreign governments; organizations under the jurisdiction of foreign governments; international organizations; State, local and Indian tribal governments; and Federal agencies. Please Note: Before non-NOAA Federal applicants may be funded, they must demonstrate that they have legal authority to receive funds from another Federal agency in excess of their appropriation. Because this announcement is not proposing to procure goods or services from applicants, the Economy Act (31 U.S.C. 1535) is not an appropriate legal basis.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher Policy Advisor Phone 301-713-0926
For application download issues. [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants \n\n
- • FY08 Ocean Exploration Omnibus
- • FY09 Ocean Exploration Omnibus - Marine Archaeology
- • FY09 Ocean Exploration Omnibus - Education
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • 2017 Partnerships for Implementing Hawaiian Monk Seal Species in the Spotlight Priority Re...
- • FY17-19 Habitat Blueprint - Coastal and Marine Habitat Focus Area Cooperative Agreements
- • National Estuarine Research Reserve System (NERRS) Land Acquisition and Construction Progr...
- • FY 2017 Joint Technology Transfer Initiative
- • 2017 Pacific Islands Region Marine Turtle Management and Conservation Program