Archeological Investigations at Sakakawea Village - KNRI
The summary for the Archeological Investigations at Sakakawea Village - KNRI grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Archeological Investigations at Sakakawea Village - KNRI: This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities without competition. This project addresses an immediate need, identified in the park's archeological management plan, to address bank erosion by establishing detailed information on current conditions and recommendations for future stabilization actions. The project will produce baseline data for park managers, professional archeologists, consulting parties, and the public in order to respond to stabilization needs for these resources. The Midwest Archeological Center, PaleoCultural Research Group, Minnesota State University, and Oklahoma State University will conduct three weeks of archeological investigations, with follow-up analysis, reporting, and provide the park with recommendations for future stabilization actions to improve resource conditions. Multi-disciplinary investigations will include geophysical survey, digital scanning and photogrammetry, archeological profiling, and limited excavations in areas where erosion is occurring along the bank edge. The project will produce baseline data for park managers, professional archeologists, consulting parties, and the public in order to respond to stabilization needs for these resources.
|Federal Grant Title:||Archeological Investigations at Sakakawea Village - KNRI|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-NOIP19AC00213|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 27th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 27th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||April 18th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||April 18th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||May 27th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 18th, 2019|
- Category Explanation
- Cultural Resources. This announcement is not a request for applications.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katherine S Borschel
Grants Management Specialist
Contact via Email
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Earliest Americans National Historic Landmark Theme Study for Alaska
- • Archeological Inventory, Condition Assessment, and Data Recovery to Address Vulnerabilitie...
- • Inupiaq Place Names Workshop
- • Heritage Documentation programs
- • Prepare National Register Determinations of Eligibility for Mission 66 Properties in the N...
- • Survey for Emergency Habitat Expansion/Improvement and Unknown Archaelogical Sites
- • Generate 3D high definition imaging to document the underwater wonders, both natural and c...
- • CESU-Ground Penetrating Radar of the Grand Canyon Pioneer Cemetery
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area