BJA FY 10 National Initiatives: Addressing Substance Abuse
The summary for the BJA FY 10 National Initiatives: Addressing Substance Abuse grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Justice Assistance, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BJA FY 10 National Initiatives: Addressing Substance Abuse: This FY 2010 grant announcement focuses on national initiatives to improve the functioning of the criminal justice system, in particular how to improve the response to substance abuse-related crime. This program is funded under the Edward Byrne Memorial Competitive Grant Program (Byrne Competitive Program). Authorized by the Department of Justice Appropriations Act, 2010 (Pub. L. 111-117), the Byrne Competitive Program helps local communities improve the capacity of state and local criminal justice systems, prevent or combat juvenile delinquency, provide assistance to victims of crime (other than compensation), and provides for national support efforts including training and technical assistance programs strategically targeted to address local needs.
|Federal Grant Title:||BJA FY 10 National Initiatives: Addressing Substance Abuse|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Justice Assistance|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BJA-2010-2638|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Edward Byrne Memorial Competitive Grant Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 18, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 18, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Mar 31, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Apr 01, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jun 17, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants are limited to for-profit (commercial) organizations, nonprofit organizations, faith-based and community organizations, and institutions of higher learning. For-profit organizations must agree to waive any profit or fees for services.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Al Roddy Technical Application Support 202-353-1881
Technical Application Support [Al.Roddy@usdoj.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • BJA FY 14 Justice Information Sharing Solutions Implementation Program
- • Smart Policing Training and Technical Assistance
- • BJA FY 14 National Initiatives: Reaching Criminal Justice Policymakers
- • BJA FY 14 Smart Pretrial Demonstration Initiative
- • BJA FY 14 Maximizing the Affordable Care Act: Improving Recidivism and Health Outcomes for...
- • Edward Byrne Memorial Competitive Grant Program
- • BJA 2010 National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) Participation Program
- • BJA FY 10 National Initiatives: Justice System Response to Special Populations
- More Grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance
- • BJA FY 19 Second Chance Act Pay for Success Initiative: Outcomes-based Contracting To Lowe...
- • BJA FY 19 Reducing Injury and Death of Missing Individuals with Dementia and Developmental...
- • BJA FY 19 An Academic-based Training Initiative to Improve Police Responses for People wit...
- • Gulf States Regional Law Enforcement Technology Assistance Initiative
- • BJA FY 19 Gulf States Regional Law Enforcement Technology Training and Technical Assistanc...