BJA FY 19 An Academic-based Training Initiative to Improve Police Responses for People with Mental Illness and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
The summary for the BJA FY 19 An Academic-based Training Initiative to Improve Police Responses for People with Mental Illness and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Justice Assistance, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BJA FY 19 An Academic-based Training Initiative to Improve Police Responses for People with Mental Illness and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: This initiative focuses on developing academic-based, transdisciplinary crisis intervention training to educate, train, and prepare law enforcement officers so that they are equipped to appropriately interact with people who have mental illness and intellectual and developmental disabilities in the course of completing their job responsibilities.
|Federal Grant Title:||BJA FY 19 An Academic-based Training Initiative to Improve Police Responses for People with Mental Illness and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Justice Assistance (USDOJ-OJP-BJA)|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training Humanities Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BJA-2019-16850|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||October 4th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||October 4th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||August 5th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||August 5th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,254,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,254,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 5th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are public or private academic organizations, nonprofit academic organizations (including tribal nonprofit organizations), and public universities and colleges (including tribal institutions of higher education).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- For technical assistance with submitting an application, contact the Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 800-518-4726 or 606-545-5035, or via email to [email protected] The Grants.gov Support Hotline operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except on federal holidays.
An applicant that experiences unforeseen Grants.gov technical issues beyond its control that prevent it from submitting its application by the deadline must email the contact identified below within 24 hours after the application deadline in order to request approval to submit its application after the deadline. Additional information on reporting technical issues appears under Experiencing Unforeseen Grants.gov Technical Issues in the How to Apply section.
For assistance with any unforeseen Grants.gov technical issues beyond an applicants control that prevent it from submitting its application by the deadline, or any other requirement of this solicitation, contact the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Response Center: toll-free at 800-851-3420; via TTY at 301-240-6310 (hearing impaired only); email [email protected]; fax to 301-240-5830; or web chat at https://webcontact.ncjrs.gov/ncjchat/chat.jsp. The NCJRS Response Center hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. eastern time on the solicitation close date.
Technical Application Assistance
- Similar Government Grants
- • BJA FY 19 Southwest Border Rural Law Enforcement Information Sharing and Interdiction Assi...
- • BJA FY 19 Southwest Border Rural Law Enforcement Training and Technical Assistance Grant
- • BJA FY 19 Local Law Enforcement Crime Gun Intelligence Center Integration Initiative
- • BJA FY 19 Strategies for Policing Innovation
- • BJA FY 19 A National Training and Technical Assistance Initiative to Improve Law Enforceme...
- • Criminal Intelligence System Operating Policies (28 CFR Part 23) Training and Technical As...
- • National Training and Technical Assistance Project
- • BJA FY 10 National Justice Information Sharing (JIS) Initiative
- More Grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance
- • BJA FY 19 Second Chance Act Pay for Success Initiative: Outcomes-based Contracting To Lowe...
- • BJA FY 19 Reducing Injury and Death of Missing Individuals with Dementia and Developmental...
- • Gulf States Regional Law Enforcement Technology Assistance Initiative
- • BJA FY 19 Gulf States Regional Law Enforcement Technology Training and Technical Assistanc...
- • BJA FY 19 Comprehensive Corrections Training and Technical Assistance