BLM CA Youth Opportunites on Public Lands

The summary for the BLM CA Youth Opportunites on Public Lands grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
BLM CA Youth Opportunites on Public Lands: Each year the Bureau of Land Management identifies projects that are available to provide youth with hands on learning opportunities in the field of natural resources management, conservation, preservation, and protection. These projects vary in length from sixteen to fifty-two week programs. Providing and supporting the education of young people in natural resources conservation and management practices will promote increased knowledge and greater cooperative efforts between individuals, private and non-profit organizations, and federal and state agencies in improving and preserving natural resources and eco-systems. The goal of this program is to expose youth to the principles of natural resources management in order to instill a strong conservation ethic and to create the next generation of stewards for our public lands.
Federal Grant Title: BLM CA Youth Opportunites on Public Lands
Federal Agency Name: Bureau of Land Management
Grant Categories: Natural Resources
Type of Opportunity: Discretionary
Funding Opportunity Number: L14AS00177
Type of Funding: Cooperative Agreement
CFDA Numbers: 15.224, 15.225, 15.230, 15.231, 15.237
CFDA Descriptions: Cultural Resource Management; Recreation Resource Management; Invasive and Noxious Plant Management; Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management; Rangeland Resource Management
Current Application Deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Original Application Deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Posted Date: Jun 30, 2014
Creation Date: Jun 30, 2014
Archive Date: Dec 31, 2018
Total Program Funding: $500,000
Maximum Federal Grant Award: $500,000
Minimum Federal Grant Award: $500
Expected Number of Awards: 20
Cost Sharing or Matching: No
Applicants Eligible for this Grant
Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
Additional Information on Eligibility
The required match of the recipient is 25%. This program has a matching requirement of 75/25. BLM may not pay more than 75% of the cost of any appropriate conservation project carried out on public lands by qualified youth or conservation corps. The remaining 25% of the costs may be provided from non-federal sources in the form of funds, donations, services, facilities, materials, equipment, or any combination thereof.
Grant Announcement Contact
Leona B Parker, GMO, 530-252-5338 lparker@blm.gov
lparker@blm.gov

Bureau of Land Management 801-539-4178
More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
BLM-CO Expanding Recreational Opportunities on Colorado's Public Lands
BLM-CO Strengthening Partnerships for Shared Conservation of Colorado's Native Birds
BLM-CO Volunteer Stewardship Program on Colorado's Public Lands
WO Wild Horse and Burro Training, Placement and Marketing Project
Notice of Intent to Award: Wyoming State Forestry Division for BLM-WY, Wyoming Good Neighb...

FederalGrants.com is not endorsed by, or affiliated with, any government agency. Copyright ©2017 FederalGrants.com