Biodiesel Fuel Education Program
The summary for the Biodiesel Fuel Education Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the CSREES, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Biodiesel Fuel Education Program: CSREES and the Office of Energy Policy and New Uses Solicit Applications for the Biodiesel Fuel Education Program. Biodiesel Education will address the need to balance the positive environmental, social and human health impacts of biodiesel utilization with the increased per gallon cost to the user. Applications are being solicited for Biodiesel Education projects that will develop practical indicators or milestones to measure their progress towards achieving the following objectives: (1) Enhance current efforts to collect and disseminate biodiesel information; (2) Coordinate with other biodiesel educational or promotional programs, and with Federal, State and local programs aimed at encouraging biodiesel use, including the EPAct program; (3) Create a nationwide networking system that delivers biodiesel information to targeted audiences, including users, distributors and other infrastructure-related personnel; (4) Identify and document the benefits of biodiesel (e.g., lifecycle costing); and (5) Gather data pertaining to information gaps and develop strategies to address the gaps.
|Federal Grant Title:||Biodiesel Fuel Education Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||CSREES|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources Environment Energy Transportation Science and Technology Agriculture|
|Type of Opportunity:||Mandatory|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-CSREES-OP-001745|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 08, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Jul 09, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jul 09, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Sep 08, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$960,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$960,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications may be submitted by nonprofit organizations and institutions of higher education that have demonstrated knowledge of biodiesel fuel production, use, or distribution; and the demonstrated ability to conduct educational and technical support programs.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CSREES Help Desk
Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET.
email@example.com Help Desk
- More Grants from the CSREES
- • Interregional Research Project #4 Minor Crop Pest Management Program (IR-4)
- • Secondary Education, Two-Year Postsecondary Education, and Agriculture in the K-12 Classro...
- • Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities
- • Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program
- • Children, Youth & Families at Risk Sustainable Community Projects