Catalog Backlog of History Objects
The summary for the Catalog Backlog of History Objects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Catalog Backlog of History Objects: The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy (GGNPC) and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) have collaborated on projects in the past using museum collections to promote educational programming, to inform visitors through exhibits, and for product development. GGNRAs objective in collaborating with GGNPC is the continued research, interpretation, and care for the parks museum collections with joint programs that engage youth and the public in on-going cultural resource stewardship. GGNRAs long-term objective is to catalog the entire museum collection. This project will initiate a multi-year program to address remaining uncataloged history objects. Cataloging provides proper documentation which is essential for accountability, preservation and management of these significant cultural resources. Once these one-of-a-kind resources are cataloged, they will be accessible for research, exhibit, and educational programming.
|Federal Grant Title:||Catalog Backlog of History Objects|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P14AS00221|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cultural Resources Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 30, 2014 NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD. This is n|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 30, 2014 NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD. This is n|
|Posted Date:||Aug 7, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Aug 7, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Sep 30, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$34,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- cultural preservation and resources
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- KRISTINA BLISS, Agreements Specialist, 805 370-2321
National Park Service 303-898-9819
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Earliest Americans National Historic Landmark Theme Study for Alaska
- • Archeological Inventory, Condition Assessment, and Data Recovery to Address Vulnerabilitie...
- • Inupiaq Place Names Workshop
- • Heritage Documentation programs
- • Prepare National Register Determinations of Eligibility for Mission 66 Properties in the N...
- • Survey for Emergency Habitat Expansion/Improvement and Unknown Archaelogical Sites
- • Generate 3D high definition imaging to document the underwater wonders, both natural and c...
- • CESU-Ground Penetrating Radar of the Grand Canyon Pioneer Cemetery
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area