Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program-National Community Economic Development Exemplary Practices Initiative
The summary for the Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program-National Community Economic Development Exemplary Practices Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program-National Community Economic Development Exemplary Practices Initiative: The Office of Community Services (OCS) within the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) announces that competing applications will be accepted for a new cooperative agreement to create an enhanced nationwide training and technical assistance strategy for community economic development carried out by the Community Action Network. The new initiative will be a three year effort, and will focus on strategies to improve the long-term economic well-being of residents of low- and moderate-income communities. The initiative will focus on the identification, documentation, and dissemination of strategies that will enable the Community Action Network to revitalize communities, develop and rehabilitate affordable housing, promote sustainability and energy efficiency, attract investments, build wealth, and encourage entrepreneurship. The initiative will seek to promote innovation, accountability, and responsiveness to specific community economic development needs that will promote a long term reduction in poverty through the revitalization of low-income communities and the empowerment of low-income families and individuals in rural and urban areas to become fully self-sufficient. Resources provided through this grant may support direct technical assistance projects for eligible entities in the Community Services Block Grant program.
|Federal Grant Title:||Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program-National Community Economic Development Exemplary Practices Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2009-ACF-OCS-ET-0100|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Community Services Block Grant|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 29, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jun 22, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jun 22, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 28, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are Community Services Block Grant eligible entities, statewide or local organizations or associations, and non-profit organizations with demonstrated expertise in providing training to individuals and organizations on methods of effectively addressing the needs of low-income families and communities, and knowledge of and experience with the Community Action Network. Faith-based and community organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign entities are not eligible under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) State and Eligible Entity Technical Assistance Servi...
- • Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) Program: Le...
- • Performance Management System Development and Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting for ...
- • Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) Organizatio...
- • Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program
- • Opportunity HHS-2010-ACF-OCS-ET-0011
- • Community Services Block Grant Training and Technical Assistance Program - National Traini...
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants