DHS Scientific Leadership Bridge Awards for Minority Serving Community Colleges
The summary for the DHS Scientific Leadership Bridge Awards for Minority Serving Community Colleges grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
DHS Scientific Leadership Bridge Awards for Minority Serving Community Colleges: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate is requesting applications from recognized Minority Serving Community Colleges to establish homeland security-related Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (HS-STEM) Scientific Leadership Bridge Award (SLBA) Programs. The SLBA Program supports DHS S&T's commitment to the development of a well qualified HS-STEM workforce that reflects the population of the United States. The goals of the DHS SLBA Programs are to (1) provide support to qualified pre-college or early college students interested in HS-STEM disciplines and expose these students to DHS-relevant science and technology issues, (2) attract and retain science and mathematics faculty who can inspire students to pursue careers in homeland security, (3) enable students to transition to relevant bachelor degree programs and ultimately to careers in HS-STEM fields, and (4) cultivate collaborative relationships between community colleges, institutional recipients of bachelors and graduate Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Scientific Leadership Awards, DHS-sponsored Centers of Excellence, DHS-sponsored laboratories, other Federal research institutions and industry. Recipients of the SLBAs must also demonstrate sound financial practices and be able to evaluate how their programs achieve the goals described above.
|Federal Grant Title:||DHS Scientific Leadership Bridge Awards for Minority Serving Community Colleges|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DHS-09-ST-062-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Scholars and Fellows|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 02, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 02, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Aug 05, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 05, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Dec 02, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Minority Serving Community Colleges - Minority Serving Institutions are listed at http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/edlite-minorityinst.html
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Janet Bailey Grants Specialist Phone 202-447-0362
Grants Specialist [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2016 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bac...
- • 2014 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bac...
- • 2012 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bac...
- • 2011 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Graduate ...
- • 2011 DHS Scientific Leadership Bridge Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Tw...
- • DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions
- • DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions Granting Bachelor Degre...
- More Grants from the Office of Procurement Operations Grants Division
- • FY 19 STC Announcement
- • State Local Tribal Territorial Indicators of Compromise Automation Pilot
- • State Local Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Reporting and Threat Information Sharing Pilot
- • State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) Security Operations Center (SOC) Information S...
- • FY 2019 Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Program: Refugee and Asylee Assimilation Progra...