Early Detection Research Network: Clinical Validation Centers (U01)
The summary for the Early Detection Research Network: Clinical Validation Centers (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Early Detection Research Network: Clinical Validation Centers (U01): Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits cooperative agreement applications for Clinical Validation Centers (CVCs), one of the four components of the Early Detection Research Network (EDRN). EDRN is a national consortium funded to discover, develop, and validate biomarkers for early cancer detection, risk assessment and the molecular diagnosis and prognosis of early cancer. CVCs conduct clinical research on the validation of biomarkers for early cancer detection and risk assessment and serve as clinical resource centers for the EDRN by participating in collaborative biomarker validation studies and collaborating with the other components of the EDRN. The other three main components of the EDRN are: Biomarker Developmental Laboratories (BDLs), which discover, develop, and characterize new or refine existing biomarkers and assays; the Biomarker Reference Laboratories (BRLs), which serve as Network resources for clinical and laboratory validation of biomarkers; and the Data Management and Coordinating Center (DMCC), which supports statistical and computational analyses, data management, protocol development, informatics infrastructure, and the coordination of network-wide meetings and conferences. Mechanism of Support. This FOA utilizes the NIH Cooperative Agreement (U01) award mechanism. Parallel FOAs for other EDRN components include RFA-CA-09-017 (U01) for BDLs, RFA-CA-09-019 (U24) for BRLs, and RFA-CA-09-020 (U24) for DMCC.
|Federal Grant Title:||Early Detection Research Network: Clinical Validation Centers (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-09-018|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 29, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 29, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jul 24, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jul 24, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 29, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Coordinating Center for Canine Immunotherapy Trials and Correlative Studies (U24)
- • Canine Immunotherapy Trials and Correlative Studies (U01)
- • Potential Effects of Metformin on Aging and Age-Related Conditions: Small-Scale Clinical S...
- • Revision Applications for U.S.-South Africa Program for Collaborative Biomedical Research ...
- • NCI Research Specialist (laboratory-based Scientist) Award (R50)
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)