The summary for the Education Research grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Education Research: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. The Director of the Institute of Education Sciences (Institute) announces the Institute's FY 2007 competitions for grants to support education research. The Director takes this action under the Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002, Title I of Public Law 107-279. The intent of these grants is to provide national leadership in expanding fundamental knowledge and understanding of education from early childhood education through postsecondary and adult education. A central purpose of the Institute is to provide parents, educators, students, researchers, policymakers, and the general public with reliable and valid information about education practices that support learning and improve academic achievement and access to education opportunities for all students. In carrying out its mission, the Institute provides support for programs of research in areas of demonstrated national need. The National Center for Education Research (NCER) will hold two competitions. Under the first competition, NCER will consider only applications that address one of the following education research or research training topics: Reading and Writing. Mathematics and Science Education. Teacher Quality--Reading and Writing. Teacher Quality--Mathematics and Science Education. Education Leadership. Education Policy, Finance, and Systems. Postdoctoral Research Training. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Number 84.305A--Education Research. Information regarding program and application requirements for the competitions is contained in the NCER, NCSER, and NCES Request for Applications packages (RFA), which will be available at the following Web site: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ies/programs.html no later than April 7, 2006. Interested potential applicants should periodically check the Institute's Web site. Information regarding selection criteria and review procedures will be provided in the RFA package. Information regarding the new Government-wide SF-424 application form for research and research-related activities, which will be used for these competitions, will also be available at the above Web site. We are requiring that applications for the FY 2007 competitions be submitted electronically to the following Web site: https://ies.constellagroup.com. Information on the software to be used in submitting applications will be available at the same Web site.
|Federal Grant Title:||Education Research|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-032206-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Education Research, Development and Dissemination|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 27, 2006 Applications Available: 04/07/2006.|
|Posted Date:||Mar 22, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Mar 22, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Aug 26, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Independent school districts Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments County governments Special district governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) For profit organizations other than small businesses State governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants that have the ability and capacity to conduct scientifically valid research are eligible to apply. Eligible applicants include, but are not limited to, non-profit and for-profit organizations and public and private agencies and institutions, such as colleges and universities.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
U.S. Department of Education
Institute of Education Sciences
555 New Jersey Avenue, NW
- Similar Government Grants
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Research Training Programs in the Education Science...
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Research Grants Focused on Systemic Replication CFD...
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Statistical and Research Methodology in Research CF...
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Education Research CFDA Number 84.305A
- • Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Education Research and Development Centers CFDA Num...
- • Grants To Support Education Research for Fiscal Year (FY) 2004: National Research and Deve...
- • Grants To Support Education Research for Fiscal Year (FY) 2004: Predoctoral Training
- • Reading and Writing Education Research
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...