Enhancing Tumoricidal Activity of Natural Killer (NK) Cells by Dietary Components for Cancer Prevention (R01)
The summary for the Enhancing Tumoricidal Activity of Natural Killer (NK) Cells by Dietary Components for Cancer Prevention (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Enhancing Tumoricidal Activity of Natural Killer (NK) Cells by Dietary Components for Cancer Prevention (R01): -Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), is designed to stimulate research efforts aimed at establishing the physiological significance of dietary components in modulating the tumoricidal cell activity of natural killer (NK) cells for cancer prevention. The focus of research projects proposed in response to this FOA should be on defining the minimum quantity and duration of exposure to specific dietary components to modulate tumoricidal cell activity of NK cells for cancer prevention and the underlying mechanism(s) accounting for this response. Proposed projects must include animal and/or human investigations to be considered responsive to this announcement. Highly purified populations of immune cells, specific tumor cells such as RMA-S that lack class I MHC expression, target cell-free system, or single-cell assays may be used to define the molecular basis for the diet-induced changes in tumoricidal activity. However, the in vitro studies are only to be used to support in vivo studies and should not constitute the primary focus of the application. Molecular targets for food components may be examined at the sites of the tumoricidal cell receptors and cancer cell specific ligands, the output of tumoricidal cytokines (e.g., IFN-g), and the release of lytic granules such as a granulysin, perforin, and serine proteases (granzymes). -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH research project R01 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-08-132, that solicits applications for exploratory, pilot projects under the NIH R21 grant mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Enhancing Tumoricidal Activity of Natural Killer (NK) Cells by Dietary Components for Cancer Prevention (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-08-131|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Apr 02, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government Faith-based or Community-based Organizations Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations) Regional Organizations U.S. Territory or Possession
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...