Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants (P30)
The summary for the Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants (P30) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants (P30): The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) invites applications from qualified institutions for support of Environmental Health Sciences (EHS) Core Centers. These Centers are designed to establish innovative programs of excellence in the field of environmental health sciences by providing scientific and programmatic support for promising investigators and areas of research. A Core Center Grant is an institutional award to support centralized scientific resources and facilities shared by investigators with existing research projects. By providing a Center structure and Core resources this support is intended to enhance the ability of scientists working the field of environmental health sciences to identify and capitalize on current and emerging opportunities that will lead to outstanding research advances to improve our understanding of the relationship between environmental exposures and both human biology and human disease. These Centers provide the framework to support and maintain a high level of productivity of research grants at the institution and activities to develop new research which builds on current strengths but promotes translation to clinical and public health applications. An EHS Core Center Grant helps to integrate and promote research in existing projects and provides an administrative framework within one or several central themes. However, no funds are provided for direct support of research projects. Funds are provided for pilot projects, recruitment of select new investigators, and research program development.
|Federal Grant Title:||Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants (P30)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-ES-07-008|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 22, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Oct 05, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Oct 05, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Mar 23, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Independent school districts Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education City or township governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Private institutions of higher education Special district governments County governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organotypic Culture Models developed from Experimental Animals for Chemical Toxicity Scree...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R21 Cl...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R01 Cl...
- • The Intersection of Sex and Gender Influences on Health and Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Op...
- • Limited Competition: Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...