Evaluating the NIDA Standardized Research E-Cigarette in Risk Reduction and Related Studies (U01 Clinical Trial Optional)
The summary for the Evaluating the NIDA Standardized Research E-Cigarette in Risk Reduction and Related Studies (U01 Clinical Trial Optional) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Evaluating the NIDA Standardized Research E-Cigarette in Risk Reduction and Related Studies (U01 Clinical Trial Optional): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to accelerate research evaluating electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes, electronic nicotine delivery systems, ENDS) as a potential means of reducing the risks associated with combustible tobacco use. This goal will be achieved by funding clinical studies that use the newly-developed NIDA Standard Research E-cigarette (SREC) to examine potential risks and benefits associated with e-cigarette use in current tobacco smokers. Ultimately, this FOA aims to evaluate whether e-cigarettes can reduce the risks associated with combustible tobacco use and to establish the NIDA SREC as a standard to which other e-cigarettes can be compared. Studies submitted to this FOA should examine the effects of the SREC on multiple behavioral and health biomarkers in current tobacco smokers and may include examination of whether e-cigarettes can reduce the negative health impacts of conventional tobacco use, and / or examine their effects on craving and dependence. Funding will be contingent upon the FDA Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) determination that the studies fall under their regulatory jurisdiction. Furthermore, funding will require that CTP accepts the use of the NIDA SREC as an Investigational Tobacco Product (ITP) in the proposed study, or determines that an ITP is not required. Studies funded by this FOA are expected to rapidly increase understanding of whether e-cigarettes reduce the risks associated with tobacco use. Additionally, these studies may provide significant data to inform e-cigarette public health policy decision-making.
|Federal Grant Title:||Evaluating the NIDA Standardized Research E-Cigarette in Risk Reduction and Related Studies (U01 Clinical Trial Optional)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-18-220|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 24th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 24th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 28th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||November 28th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||May 30th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 28th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Single Cell Opioid Responses in the Context of HIV (SCORCH) Program: Data Coordination, An...
- • Targeting Inflammasomes in Substance Abuse and HIV (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Research Networks for the Study of Recovery Support Services for Persons Treated with Medi...
- • The Rat Opioid Genome Project: Clinical Trials not Allowed (U01- Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • The National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network (UG1 Clinical Trial Required)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...