FY15 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Support for Expectant and Parenting Teens, Women, Fathers and Their Families
The summary for the FY15 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Support for Expectant and Parenting Teens, Women, Fathers and Their Families grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY15 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Support for Expectant and Parenting Teens, Women, Fathers and Their Families: The Pregnancy Assistance Fund (PAF) grant program provides support for States and tribes to develop and implement programs to improve the educational, health, and social outcomes for expectant and parenting teens, women, fathers and their families. The PAF aims to strengthen access to and completion of education (secondary and postsecondary); improve child and maternal health outcomes; improve pregnancy planning and spacing and reduce the likelihood of repeat teen pregnancies; increase parenting skills for mothers, fathers, and families; strengthen co-parenting relationships and marriage where appropriate, increase positive paternal involvement; decrease intimate partner violence; and raise awareness of available resources. For purposes of this funding announcement, the term âexpectantâ includes both women and men who are expecting a child. The term teens refer to both young men and women of high-school age and students refers to women and men enrolled in institutions of higher education. The term young adults refer to both men and women age 20 -24. Families include, but are not limited to spouses, partners, and children. OAH encourages applications that serve both pregnant teens and women and expectant and parenting fathers. OAH has two program priorities for this FOA: 1) proposals that seek to involve expectant and parenting fathers and 2) proposals that target young adults (ages 20 â 24). This FOA supports the HHS Strategic Goals to 1) Strengthen Health Care; 2) Advance the Health, Safety, and Well-Being of the American People; 3) Secure and Expand Health Insurance Coverage; 4) Eliminate Health Disparities; 5) Promote Early Childhood Health and Development; 6) Put Children and Youth on the Path for Successful Futures; and 7) Promote Prevention and Wellness across the Lifespan.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY15 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Support for Expectant and Parenting Teens, Women, Fathers and Their Families|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||AH-SP1-15-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Pregnancy Assistance Fund Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 18, 2015 No Explanation|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 18, 2015 No Explanation|
|Posted Date:||Mar 6, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Mar 6, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Jun 17, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,600,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$800,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any State, which includes the District of Columbia, any commonwealth possession, or other territory of the United States, and any Federally-recognized Indian tribe, reservation, or consortium or council, is eligible to apply for a grant under this announcement. The authorized representative from the State or tribe shall apply for and administer the grant awarded under this announcement. A signed letter from the authorized representative must accompany the application; it should include documentation establishing the authorized representative’s authority to apply for and administer the grant funds on behalf of the State or tribe. Appropriate agencies that might apply on behalf of the State or tribe could include, but are not limited to the following types of entities: State education, human services, or health agencies. Interested State agencies are encouraged to partner with other interested State agencies early in the application process to ensure that the needs of the target population in that State will be met through this grant. Each State or tribe is allowed only one eligible application for submission.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Contact Center
Phone Number: 1-800-518-4726
Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The contact center is closed on federal holidays.
Grants.gov Customer Support
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health 240-453-883
- Similar Government Grants
- • Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Support for Expectant and Parenting ...
- • FY17 Announcement of Anticipated Availability of Funds for Support for Expectant and Paren...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Support for Expectant and Parenting Teens, Women...
- • FY10 Support for Pregnant and Parenting Teens and Women FOA
- More Grants from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health
- • Availability of funds for Title X Family Planning- Innovations in Family Planning Clinical...
- • Preventing HIV Infection in Women through Expanded Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Prevent...
- • Youth Engagement in Sports: Collaboration to Improve Adolescent Physical Activity and Nutr...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Embryo Adoption/Donation Services and Public Awa...
- • Announcement of Availability of Funds for Data Analysis and Trends Research Grants