FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
The summary for the FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Dept of the Army Space Missle Defense Comman, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program: The United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command (USASMDC) invites applications for funding for the fiscal year 2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program (FY06 DWFP), renewable for up to 3 years, administered by the Armed Forces Pest Management Board (AFPMB). The AFPMB is soliciting proposals for original research designed to help protect the deployed military ground forces through control of insects that carry diseases of military significance (notably malaria, leishmaniasis and major arboviruses), with emphasis on the benefits of insecticides. Ideally the research would support the development, evaluation, and registration of new insecticides, or improved formulations of existing insecticides for vector control, new technology or enhanced modalities of personal protection from biting arthropods, or would improve the efficacy and safety of equipment for application of pesticides for public health vector control. Research must be product oriented and should focus on fast-acting control or prevention of mosquitoes, other biting flies or filth flies, and innovative public health insecticide application technology and equipment. The research must be primarily applicable to the military but products should be transferable to civilian uses. It is anticipated that approximately $0.5 million will be awarded this year (FY06), with future years subject to the availability of funds. Proposals may not exceed a total cost of $250,000 per year for up to 3 years, inclusive of direct and indirect costs. The maximum allowable limit for overhead costs is 28%. Approximately 2-3 awards are anticipated. Funding is anticipated to begin in March 2006. Projects will be selected on the basis of peer-reviewed scientific merit and programmatic relevance determined by an Armed Forces Pest Management Board Integrated Process Team. Preproposals will be accepted from investigators who are employed by or affiliated with an eligible institution. Eligible institutions include for-profit, non-profit, public, and private organizations in any country. Examples include academic establishments (universities, colleges), hospitals, laboratories, companies, and agencies of local, state, and federal government (with the exception of USDA investigators for whom DWFP funding arrangements are made separately by inter-Agency agreement.) The preproposal form is available at http://www.afpmb.org/docs/dwfp.htm. This form should be submitted no later than 16 December 2005, 4:00 p.m. EST. Other estimated timelines for the FY06 DWFP are as follows: invited Full Proposals submission deadline will be no later than 30 January 2006, 4:00 p.m. EST, and Award Start Date should be between March 2006 and May 2006. For all additional information or questions, please contact Shelley Marken, Contract Specialist, U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command, 64 Thomas Johnson Drive, Frederick, MD 21702. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Dept of the Army Space Missle Defense Comman|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W9113M-06-S-0001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Military Medical Research and Development|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 16, 2005 Deadline for Preproposal Submission|
|Posted Date:||Nov 10, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Nov 10, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Feb 14, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Shelley Marken, 301-619-8443,email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Shelley Marken
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD USAMRMC FY17 Broad Agency Announcement for Extramural Medical Research
- • DoD Joint Program Committee 1 (JPC-1)/ Medical Simulation and Information Sciences (MSIS) ...
- • DoD Breast Cancer Breakthrough Award Levels 1 and 2
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Concept Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) FY04 Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) Concept Award (CA)
- More Grants from the Dept of the Army Space Missle Defense Comman
- • Opportunity CBMS-BAA-07-01
- • 2009 Deployed War fighter Protection Research Program
- • Cbms-Baa-07-01
- • Education and Employment for Technology Excellence in Aviation, Missile and Space Consolid...
- • Deployed War Fighter Protection From Disease-Carrying Insects