Fiscal Year 2014/2015 Scallop Research Set-Aside
The summary for the Fiscal Year 2014/2015 Scallop Research Set-Aside grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Fiscal Year 2014/2015 Scallop Research Set-Aside: NMFS, in coordination with the New England Fishery Management Council (Council), is soliciting Atlantic Sea Scallop (scallop) research proposals to utilize scallop Total Allowable Catch (TAC) that has been set-aside by the Council to fund scallop research endeavors through the 2014/2015 Atlantic Sea Scallop Research Set-Aside (RSA) Program. No federal funds are provided for research under this notification. Rather, proceeds generated from the sale of RSA quota will be used to fund research activities and compensate vessels that participate in research activities and/or harvest set-aside quota. Projects funded under the Scallop RSA Program must enhance the knowledge of the scallop fishery resource or contribute to the body of information on which scallop management decisions are made. Priority will be given to scallop research proposals that investigate research priorities identified by the Council, which are detailed under the Program Priorities section of this announcement.
|Federal Grant Title:||Fiscal Year 2014/2015 Scallop Research Set-Aside|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-NEFSC-2014-2003822|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement, Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Unallied Management Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 2, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 2, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Oct 17, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Oct 17, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jan 1, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1. Eligible applicants include, but are not limited to, institutions of higher education, hospitals, other nonprofits, commercial organizations, individuals, state, local, and Native American tribal governments, Federal agencies and institutions are not eligible to receive Federal assistance under this notice. Additionally, employees of any Federal agency or Regional Fishery Management (RFM) Council are ineligible to submit an application under this program. However, RFM Council members who are not Federal employees may submit an application.
2. DOC/NOAA supports cultural and gender diversity and encourages women and minority individuals and groups to submit applications to the RSA program. In addition, DOC/NOAA is strongly committed to broadening the participation of historically Black colleges and universities, Hispanic serving institutions, tribal colleges, and universities, and institutions that work in underserved areas. DOC/NOAA encourages proposals involving any of the above institutions.
3. DOC/NOAA encourages applications from members of the fishing community and applications that involve fishing community cooperation and participation.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cheryl Corbett, NMFS, Northeast Fisheries Science Center; Telephone: 508-495-2070; Fax: 508-495-2004
Department of Commerce 202 482 3134
- Similar Government Grants
- • 2017 Partnerships for Implementing Hawaiian Monk Seal Species in the Spotlight Priority Re...
- • 2017 Pacific Islands Region Marine Turtle Management and Conservation Program
- • 2017/2018 Sea Scallop Research SA
- • 2016 Partnerships for Hawaiian Monk Seal Recovery and Marine Mammal Response in Hawaii
- • 2016 Monkfish RSA FFO
- • Cooperative Research Program
- • 2008 Monkfish Research Set-Aside Program
- • 2008/2009 Atlantic Herring Research Set-Aside (RSA) Program
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • Fiscal Year 2017 Chesapeake Bay-Watershed Education and Training Program-Capacity Building
- • Market Development Cooperator Program 2017
- • Alaska Native Organization Co-Management Funding Program
- • Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund
- • FY2017 Ocean Technology Transition Project