Health Profession Opportunity Grants for Tribes, Tribal Organizations or Tribal College or University
The summary for the Health Profession Opportunity Grants for Tribes, Tribal Organizations or Tribal College or University grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Health Profession Opportunity Grants for Tribes, Tribal Organizations or Tribal College or University: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Family Assistance (OFA) is announcing the solicitation of applications to competitively award cooperative agreements for demonstration projects that support the establishment and maintenance of training, education, and career advancement programs to address health care professions workforce needs. [Section 2008 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1397) as enacted Section 5507 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Pub.L. 111-148)] Cooperative agreements, awarded under this Funding Opportunity Announcement, will support demonstration projects that are designed to provide eligible individuals with the opportunity to obtain education and training for occupations in the health care field that pay well and are expected to either experience labor shortages or be in high demand. Eligible applicants are Indian Tribes, Tribal organizations, defined by Section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 450b), are eligible applicants under this announcement. Tribal Colleges or universities defined by Section 316(b) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, 20 U.S.C. 1059 c(b), are eligible under this announcement. Applicants are required to consult with, and implement their projects in coordination with, the entities identified in Section 2008(a)(2)(B) of the Social Security Act.
|Federal Grant Title:||Health Profession Opportunity Grants for Tribes, Tribal Organizations or Tribal College or University|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2010-ACF-OFA-FY-0124|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Demonstration Projects to Address Health Professions Workforce Needs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 05, 2010 See l|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 05, 2010 See l|
|Posted Date:||Jun 21, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 21, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 04, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are Indian Tribes, Tribal organizations, defined by Section 4 of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 450b), are eligible applicants under this announcement. Tribal Colleges or universities defined by Section 316(b) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, 20 U.S.C. 1059 c(b), are also eligible under this announcement. Individuals and foreign entities are not eligible for awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Health Profession Opportunity Grants to Serve TANF Recipients and Other Low-Income Individ...
- • University Partnership Research Grants for the Health Profession Opportunity Grants (HPOG)...
- • Opportunity HHS-2010-ACF-OFA-FX-0126
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants