Historically Black Colleges and Universities
The summary for the Historically Black Colleges and Universities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Historically Black Colleges and Universities: To assist Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) to expand their role and effectiveness in addressing community development needs in their localities, including neighborhood revitalization, housing, and economic development, principally for persons of low- and moderate-income consistent with the purposes of Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. § et seq.) as amended.
|Federal Grant Title:||Historically Black Colleges and Universities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5200-N-20|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Historically Black Colleges and Universities Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 02, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 02, 2008|
|Posted Date:||May 06, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Jun 12, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jul 03, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$9,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- TECHNICAL CORRECTION PUBLISHED IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER AND IS POSTED IN THE INSTRUCTIONS DOWNLOAD.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Colleges and Universities that meet the definition of Historically Black Colleges and Universities as determined by the Department of Education in 34 CFR 608.2 in accordance with that Department's responsibilities under Executive Order 13256, dated February 12, 2002. Applicants must be institutions of higher education accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ophelia Wilson 202.402.4390
Program Contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Historically Black Colleges and Universities Program (HBCU)
- • Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
- • Universities Rebuilding America Partnerships-HBCU
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program
- • Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Continuum of Care Prog...
- • Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP)
- • ROSS for Education
- • Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant Program