Improvement of Animal Models and Development of Technologies for Stem Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine (SBIR)(R43/R44)
The summary for the Improvement of Animal Models and Development of Technologies for Stem Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine (SBIR)(R43/R44) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improvement of Animal Models and Development of Technologies for Stem Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine (SBIR)(R43/R44): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encourages Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant applications from small business concerns (SBCs) that propose to develop or improve technologies for obtaining, characterizing and testing animal and human stem cells and their derivatives as models for stem cell-based regenerative medicine using animal models. The program is intended to support projects devoted to the creation of informative animal models for regenerative medicine, which will facilitate testing the safety and therapeutic potential of animal and human stem cells and their derivatives for pre-clinical evaluation. The initiative focuses on the following areas: 1) comparative analysis of animal and human stem cells to provide information for selection of the most predictive and informative model systems; 2) development of new technologies for stem cells and their derivatives, including production, characterization and transplantation; and 3) improvement of animal disease models for stem cell-based therapeutic applications. The ultimate objective of these efforts should be to provide commercial products and technologies that can help develop future clinical therapies.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improvement of Animal Models and Development of Technologies for Stem Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine (SBIR)(R43/R44)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-13-223|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Discovery and Applied Research for Technological Innovations to Improve Human Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2016|
|Posted Date:||May 08, 2013|
|Creation Date:||May 08, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Perception and Cognition Research to Inform Cancer Image Interpretation (R01 Clinical Tria...
- • Team-Based Design in Biomedical Engineering Education (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • ImmuneChip: Engineering Microphysiological Immune Tissue Platforms (U01 Clinical Trial Not...
- • Resources for Technology Dissemination (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Physical Sciences-Oncology Network (PS-ON): Physical Sciences-Oncology Projects (PS-OP) (U...
- • Exploratory Grants (P20) for NIBIB Quantum Projects
- • Nibib Research Supplements to Promote Clinical Resident Research Experiences
- • Innovation in Molecular Imaging Probes
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...