Intervention Research to Improve Native American Health (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
The summary for the Intervention Research to Improve Native American Health (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Intervention Research to Improve Native American Health (R01 Clinical Trial Optional): The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to encourage exploratory developmental research to improve Native American (NA) health. Such research can include: conducting secondary analysis of existing data (such as databases that the Tribal Epidemiology Centers have collected); merge various sources of data to answer critical research questions; conduct pilot and feasibility studies; and/or assess and validate measures that are being developed and/or adapted for use in NA communities. For the purposes of this FOA, the term 'Native Americans' includes the following populations: Alaska Native, American Indian, and Native Hawaiian. The term 'Native Hawaiian' means any individual whose ancestors were natives, prior to 1778, belonging to the area that now comprises the State of Hawaii. Studies should: be culturally appropriate and result in promoting the adoption of healthy lifestyles; improve behaviors and social conditions and/or improve environmental conditions related to chronic disease; prevent or reduce the consumption of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs; improve mental health outcomes; reduce risk of HIV infection; improve treatment adherence and/or health-care systems adopting standards of care to improve overall quality of life.
|Federal Grant Title:||Intervention Research to Improve Native American Health (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-17-496|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.113, 93.242, 93.273, 93.279, 93.307, 93.393|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 14th, 2020|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 14th, 2020|
|Posted Date:||September 29th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||September 29th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||June 19th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 29th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed only when the ancestral catchment area(s) of tribe(s) cross(es) national boundaries.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...